"Growth in the Organization" !!! Email from an old friend

by BrendaCloutier 18 Replies latest members private

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hehee yeah, and her perception of the "reality" of the "troof". Im still looking forward to seeing her.

• voltaire
    voltaire

There's a HUGE turnover. Lots of new people, true, but barely enough to keep up with those leaving.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

My "home" congregation never seemed to grow but it was a small area with not much work so people were always moving in and out. As the oldtimers die I expect the numbers to decrease dramatically. They are already feeling the pinch of not enough young people to take the lead.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Big surprise. Another person with "fibromyalgia".

-ithinkisee

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey (((itis))) nice to see your bikini'd self!

Yup. Fibromyalgia. The more I think about all this.. the more I'm sure my FMS is due, in part, to my JW upbringing... I wonder what she's going to say when she finds out part of my pain management is medical marijuana? bwahahahaaaa! I'm quite sure hers is due to JWism, sexual abuse growing up, and marrying a man 17 years older than herself.. a father figure. Poor girl. I think shes soooo busy (from her emails) that she doesn't have much time to "think". Not that she'd be allowed to.

I'm really looking forward to seeing her again and maybe having coffee down the line with her.

• Sasha
    Sasha

yes, so much growth. However, it is a fact (from a former member of the governing body) that approx. 100,000 witnesses leave a year. A fraction more than that get bapitzed a year!

• blondie
    blondie

I have a somewhat crude worksheet that has a column called MIA. It consists of the number baptized minus the increase that year in the average publishers.

2003 123,399

2004 138,121

2005 165,956

Not factored in is that not every publisher is baptized. But I figure except for children who become unbaptized publishers, that most are baptized within a year. Even still, it is an amazing number of people who are not listed as active publishers. There seems to be an upward trend in the MIA.

Blondie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

100,000 leave every year?

Hmm....1.2% (growth rate in '05) of 6.6 million is 79,200. So even if 100,000 is rounded up from some figure, the growth is slowing way down...

• sspo
    sspo

It's been at least 13 years since i saw a congr. splitting in two.

Another cong that was formed in the 50's,had good growth all way into the 80's,but now after 26 years there are less publishers today and most are old jw's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit