What is the big deal about 1914 anyway?

by grey matters 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

In 1919 Jesus chose the Watchtower because "Judge" Rutherford was the president for life of the Watchtower printing corporation.

I believe that Rutherford personally believed that was the reason. Of course a statement of this belief would never actually be printed for people to read. He had to pretend to be humble.

--VM44

• headmath
    headmath

The following quote is from http://www.tektonics.org/guest/500cares.html

Did you know that the Watchtower’s first two presidents, Charles Taze Russell and Judge Rutherford, who were alive in 1914 never taught that Jesus returned in 1914. Did you know that Russell taught Jesus returned in 1874 and that Rutherford taught the same up until 1929 when he changed the second coming to 1914. Why did they not have these “eyes of understanding”? Did the disciples in Acts 1:11 recognize that Jesus was ascending to heaven on that day or did they figure it out 16 years later? Why did the Watchtower leaders teach for over 50 years of their history what they now consider to be a false date (1874) for Christ’s return?

How come all the Jehovah’s Witnesses leaders who were supposed to have “eyes of understanding” in 1914 not see Jesus return in 1914 but insisted he returned in 1874?

End quote

and another quote from the same site

First Watchtower president and founder Charles Taze Russell taught that the door in heaven to be part of the “anointed” Class closed in 1881. Second president Judge Rutherford said that 1935 marked the last chance to be part of the “anointed” class, and everyone who becomes a JW after 1935 was part of the “great crowd”. Who was right? Russell? Rutherford? Or neither? Where in the Bible does it say the door to heaven closed in 1935??

End quote

So we see that Jesus return in 1914 is a total lie Further the date of 1935 is a total lie, that is , the door to heaven was NOT closed in 1935. Only moron brainwashed JWs believe the door was closed in 1935

So the 2 main WTS dates 191 4 and 1935 are total lies.

There are some 6 million brain dead JW that believe these two dates were given by jehoover through the governing body or FDS (same thing) and will avoid making jehoover mad by shunning family members that don't go along with the lie.

• grey matters
    grey matters

Thanks for the responses. I think things are going to get difficult for them with the progressively weaker argument for 1914, and the waning interest in it. I doubt that most people give a lot of thought to WW1 these days. I don't think it has the emotional impact as an event that it did years ago.

And yeah, Headmath, if the 144,000 were sealed in 1935, I would like to know why there are brothers on the Governing Body who are supposedly of the annointed, who are in their mid 50's.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The proof is this: The mass of people identified in 1935 were not people of the great crowd since most of them have died and to be a member of the great crowd, not dying is a requirement since the great crowd are identified as people LIVING through Armageddon.
    Once a person dies, they CAN'T be a member of the "great crowd", it's impossible.

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with garybus on that . The WTBTS can't even get that right , the bible is clear that there are 2 resurrections one that happens during the seventh trumpet blast ( anointed only) and one that happens after the millenial reign when the earth is restored to paradise , the great crowd are described as surviving the great tribulation and entering the kingdom of the heavens at Revelation 7 . The hope is the kingdom of the heavens and not paradise earth for the great crowd . Paradise earth is for those that are resurrected after the millenial reign .Rev. 20:4-6

• headmath
    headmath

That is a good point Gary, that the great crowd(multitude) was identified IN 1935 with the big talk by rutherford. That crowd of 1935 is all dead now . So where is the great crowd?? Do we need yet another identification date or did rutherfords talk set up a perpetual identification so that any group of persons could qualify as the great crowd?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

So could someone please explain this "generation" thing to me?

I remember how it had changed up to that point......

First I was taught that those that were old enough to understand what was happening in 1914 would be alive at the end. (Born maybe 1895?)

Then I was taught that they only had to be born in 1914.

Now it is this "generation" thing.

Seems to me no matter they cut this cake, they are running out of time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit