For those who became JW's as adults.

by lowden 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Barbara Grizzuti Harrison called it "The Lure of Certainty." They have all the answers - to everything!

I'm with Katie - born into it. Cornered like a rat.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FullofDoubt:

I am somewhat like you. I was in my 20s and floating around and it sounded good at the time. There were a few clues that something wasn't right early on but I was caught up in a whirlwind of socializing in the beginning and I just ignored them. I knew I never really would fit in because I was not willing to make so many concessions or allow people to intrude on my life or control me (how dare anyone try). I guess I never took it seriously enough and I am sure many of them never took ME seriously enough.

I was also a marginal witness who never really got in the thick of things too much because I worked full time. If I was a real bible scholar and did the research like many people here did I would probably have been out long ago.

L

• sspo
    sspo

They seemed to have all the answers".....

I Was 22,and had everything going for myself, good job,money,girlfriends, cars.

once invited at the KH and saw the use of the bible( which was not done in the Catholic church) i was impressed, they were very friendly and since i always had a hunger for spiritual things they fulfilled it for 30 years even though many things did not jive but I kept on suppressing my doubts.

The internet is what made me realize that it was another dangerous interpretation of the bible.

Mean time lost wife due to "apostasy" on my part after 27 years of marriage. .

• juni
    juni

That must've been hard sspo losing your wife after 27 yrs. of marriage because you no longer wanted to be of the same religion. I thought in this type of case you were advised to stay w/the unbeliever unless you feared for your life.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit