Home exercise equipment

by poppers 11 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Anyone have any GOOD home execise equipment that you unreservedly recomment?

• poppers
    poppers

I guess people are too glued to their chair in front of their computer to bother with exercising.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have some about 8 feet from where I'm sitting. I can't see the manufacturer's name from here, but I can assure you it makes a fine clothes rack.

W

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi poppers,

I don't want to get laughed at for suggesting the Nordic track skier.

• poppers
    poppers

Serendipity, I have tried the Nordic Track and think it is fairly good - overpriced however. I'm looking for something that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, yet works the muscles in more ways.
    Finally Free, do me a favor and take the clothes down and tell me what it is. There must have been some good reason to buy it.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Poppers,

Have you thought about trying to find a used Nordic track?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

I use my AB Lounger every morning to do sit-ups. It's a light weight piece of equipment, but effective. I also use the old exercise bicycle to trim the hips and tone the calves.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I picked up a used Nordic Track at a rummage sale for $10...demons not included. Personally I don't really care for it but other people I know like them.

I bought a Total Gym a few years ago and I like it. Some free weights and a bench are handy also. Check the classifieds in the local paper. People sell exercise gear all the time for pennies on the dollar.

• poppers
    poppers

I have access to a Nordic Track but it seems to aggravate a longstanding neck problem with the repetitive motion of using it. I've been interested in something that stretches and tones - I am not interested in bulking up. Total Gym sounds/looks intriguing because of its versitility.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

The best work out I get is from an Elliptical Machine. You work the legs, arms and get your heart rate pumping. The beauty is that you don't have any impact from stepping up and down as you would on a treadmill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit