Did you hunt your fellow brothers down.............???

by vitty 7 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Jeff started a thread today which got me thinking. Many ppl here say they were hunted down by the elders, with the intent of having them DFd. Now if you are a ex elder, did you ever do that??

Was it with the best motives, for eg to keep the congregation clean, to protect the other dubs.

My nephew experienced it and the motives were NOT pure I was disgusted but what can you do ?

Or did you do it as a ordinary dub, if you found out about something, did you keep on until the elders HAD to do something?

So tell us, if you dare

• ackack
    ackack

I did it to my brother (not as an elder, but just as an over-righteous pub). His name was Moxy on here. I wrote a scrapper to download all his posts, and I sent them to my dad. My dad didn't seem to really care about what he was posting on here, instead, he said something about "showing doubts to those who are weak". He faded away, and I DA'ed. My dad still talks to him, and I haven't spoken with my dad for over a year.

ackack

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I didnt hunt anyone down but I was VERY judgemental, and used to do a lot of frowning!

I had a friend who was one of the first of my peers to leave, and he found out about one of our friends who had done something naughty. He told him 'you have a week to turn yourself in to the elders and then im going to tell them'. Guess it was the 'right' thing to do at the time.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I never reported anyone, though I did see a few things. I preferred to have a quiet word with the person, and advise them to either stop doing what they were doing or face the consequences if anyone else saw them and took a harder line than me.

I would have felt hypocritical to have reported them anyway. I fought a real battle to give up smoking when I joined, and lost it on occasions when I was a jw. No one ever saw me, or if they did they didn't report me, and knowing my sinful secret kept me from revealing other peoples, although I was a zealous dub in every other way.

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

I believe most were similar to me, if you liked the person and they played "the game" and got along well without stirring the pot more would be kept quiet. If they were just annoying pains in the ass or disliked for any reason there ass was grass and the elders would be the lawn mower.

It was just a matter of opinion with a hint of skewed scripture thrown in for emphasis that really gave people the shaft.

HCM

• unique1
    unique1

I never saw the elders go on a witch hunt although they did harrass me to death trying to get me to come back.

If I knew of wrongdoing, I never said a word. I could have gotten tons of people disfellowshipped, still can, but I don't feel it is my place to turn them in and I never have.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I never made it to elder because when I was being groomed for a spot on the 'Body' I went with an elder to 'encourage' a couple I had known for almost twenty years before I joined up to do more in FIELD SERVICE.

That visit cured me of any aspirations I had entertained of 'making progress' and 'advancing' in 'the troof.'

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know of ppl who were hunted down by the elders. People who were not active JWs were hunted down, but it was usually because of an ex who is still an active JW and who obviously wants to have scriptural grounds to date and get remarried.

What happened to me was not elders hunting me down but a self righteous JW who was mad that I continued to stay w/ my fiancee who had DA'd himself. So she stalked us. She even chased after me in her car when I left his house. What is the killer is other then communicating w/ a DA'd person, at that time I NEVER did anything DFing. However, I later found out that this chick was on a regular basis hooking up w/ her JW boy toy. From what I understand, she gave up a bunch of her friends in order to get out of being DF'd in a JC. From what I understand from people who got in trouble based on her info to the JC, this chick cried her way out and appeared to be really sorry and since the other people did not lie and cry and wail, they were DF'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit