NOTIFY YOUR HOSPITAL & DOCTORS ABOUT JW SPYS

by MadApostate 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I'm a nurse and I can tell you that it is Standard Practice for hospitals to require ALL employees to sign a specific Confidentiality Clause at the time of hire.

The instances that Mad Apostate makes reference to appear to have originated with someone working right in a Medical Records Department.

Hospitals often offer patients the option of disclosing what religion they practice. The intended purpose of this information is so that Doctors and Nurses have some idea of the cultural practices and values that their patients hold (for instance, strict Jewish and Muslim patients do not permit autopsies, certain groups have customs related to birth and death, and we want to respect those values of our patients.) However, in the case of JWs, as you point out, this information can be abused by unscrupulous individuals. The best advice I can offer, if you are about to be admitted to hospital, is this: Do NOT, under any circumstances, disclose an affiliation with Jehovah's Witnesses. Once this information is typed into the computer, people who have access to the system can very easily determine how many JW patients have been treated, what treatments they received and so on. If you DO NOT DISCLOSE an affiliation, your name will not come up under a specific search for JW patients. It's imperative that your physician is aware of these wishes also, as they may in discussion with nursing staff who are caring for you mention in passing that 'he is a Jehovah's Witness', and that information may get passed into the system inadvertently.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

Thanks Scully for resurrecting this thread which I had completely forgotten about.

If you took the time to read through it, you should have been amazed that the "xjw power clique" tried and succeeded in killing my idea to moivate others here to send out the form letter I initially posted. They don't like me because I refuse to smoooze up to them.

Anyway, I sent out either 3 or 4 of these letters to local doctors/hospitals, and I actually received a reply from a Hospital and a Doctor.

I didn't post those replies because by the time I received them, the "Powers" had already killed this thread.

• Scully
    Scully

Mad Apostate writes:

Anyway, I sent out either 3 or 4 of these letters to local doctors/hospitals, and I actually received a reply from a Hospital and a Doctor.

I didn't post those replies because by the time I received them, the "Powers" had already killed this thread.

I'd be interested in reading the responses you received. If you'd rather not post them here, feel free to send them via e-mail.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

PSSSST....I have only read through page one and something caught my eye...in this age of Anthrax, an anonymous letter might not be opened and would more likely be thrown out. At least put a return address, even if it is not yours, and use a good envelope. The mail people are used to getting mail from insurance companies, legal requests for release of records and pharmacutical companies-all have return addresses. An anonymous letter might not only not be taken seriously, but might not be opened.

Just a thought.

• mommy
    mommy

Mad,
    This thread did not die because someone put a stop to it. Paranoid much? The thread died because no one was interested in commenting.

BTW I am a nurse as well, and there is sooo much training we go through concerning confidentiality. We are even cautioned against just speaking of a certain illness, due to the fact that it may be the only one in the hospital, nursing home, Dr's office, etc. We are told not to converse about patients in the cafeteria, elevator, post office, etc. Anyone who does knows the consequences of losing their job. Anyone who does disclose the information is just plain silly.

I think that your idea is ridiculous. Not because I don't like you as a person, but because it is not a good argument. It is obvious that you are trying to sway a hiring decision based on religion and this is against our constitution.

Now have an actual breach in confidentiality, then you can get puffed up and write this letter. But writing what if's does nothing but make you look paranoid. And believe me the medical community has places for people like that
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• mommy
    mommy

Oops I forgot to mention. I am interested in reading the replies as well. I bet I can tell you what was said though.

Yadda Yadda, we are easing your mind by writing this, here are our policies concerning confidentiality. This Dr office/hospital takes breaching of confidentiality as very serious. Any employee found to be releasing information is terminated, and also their employment records are marked as to the reason they were terminated. Your peace of mind is so important to us, and we take the time to ensure our staff is educated concerning the legality of disclosing medical records as well. If we can be of further assistance, please fell free to write us back. We appreciate your business, keep coming back
    wendy

• ianao
    ianao

MadAppostate:

I wouldn't bother posting the replies here. If it goes against the "clique's" preconceived notions of what is should say, they will only accuse you of falsifying the letter.

• mommy
    mommy

Hey thought I would jump in and just say one more thing I am so sick and tired of hearing people whine about the "cliques" & "powers that be" on this board. Are you all so very shallow and your self confidence is so low, you must point the finger instead of standing up like a man/woman and accepting that others just don't like your idea(s)?

Is it so hard to take critisim that you have to turn it around and place the blame?

I am just now reading this thread Mad, and honest I see no outside force stopping it. Where do you get that from? Actually Hawk offered help a few times. Please show me on this thread what you have claimed. I just don't see it, I see a little boy pouting and making unsubstantiated claims because a few did not share his idea. No wonder after so many reads not many commented.
    wendy

• ianao
    ianao
    Hey thought I would jump in and just say one more thing I am so sick and tired of hearing people whine about the "cliques" & "powers that be" on this board. Are you all so very shallow and your self confidence is so low, you must point the finger instead of standing up like a man/woman and accepting that others just don't like your idea(s)?

PING...

I am so sick and tired of hearing you "cliques" complain about the "whiners" on this board. Are you few so lacking in self-esteem that you must belittle and chastize others instead of standing up like a man/woman and accepting that others just disagree with your minor notions? Just exactly who do you think you are?

Then again, maybe a lack of self-esteem isn't the problem, maybe it's being conceited. Who knows!

Your serve Mommy...

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks for the comments Wendy and Mad A does have some points based on the readings of some of WTS articles but you also have very good points too Wendy.

I remember having a long long long conversation with Dr. J. Doyle. He is an Anesthesiologist with Toronto Hospital (formerly Toronto General and is actually right accross the street from where Preston - who we are talking about on another thread - is located) and has even provided some excellent information to the AJWRB group.

I remember him telling me that most doctors in Canada will not work on JWs for simple reasons - like they misunderstand and the are not interested in understanding the doctrine. They don't want to take the time and try to pursade the JWs of the problems with the doctrine or the confidentiality requirements that Dr. Muramoto pushes. Kinda sad in a way.

That is why Dr. Doyle thinks publishing papers like the way Sam and Lee were doing would be good just like what they did in with the Birish Medical Journal. It Opens the medical community up to this crazy doctrine and that really helps.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit