New Revelation Book

by daniel-p 19 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    You forget that people have come into the WTS since the Revelation book was last studied and will need copies.

I couldn't begin to feel the embarassment of a pioneer who brings his Bible study student to the book study and shows him the book and then the 40+ corrections to go along with it. Even if the corrections wern't a matter of doctrinal change, it still reveals a shocking lack of class.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I can remember the pain of having to study the book for a second time and being bored out of my mind. The upside was 1) I already had a studied book so the holier than though JWs who would make comments about not studying could not say anything and 2) I was in a book study w/ a crazy lady who said the most bizarre things, so I spent most of my time trying not to laugh every time she answered.

Thank god I don't have to live thru another study of that book because I spent one BS taking my yellow marker and coloring every inch of every page that was covered for that BS. It was fun. Between that and having Sister Crazy answering, I was happy to be there.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Thank god I don't have to live thru another study of that book because I spent one BS taking my yellow marker and coloring every inch of every page that was covered for that BS

All you have to do in order to look Super Spiritual, is write down the cited scriptures verbatim in the margins. Such is the mark of the chosen ones.

• Sheri
    Sheri

If the September KM is stating that the reason for the downsizing at Bethel is due to technology being better than people then why is this technology not being used to print new Revelation Books? Has anyone be able to scan the September KM Yet?

Peace,

Sheri

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    the reason for the downsizing at Bethel is due to technology being better than people

Any Bethelite can see right through these words. First of all, most of the downsizing that was to take place from the printery was already carried out a couple years ago, when they were installing the new printers at Wallkill and starting to close down 360. Second, most of the ones being sent home have nothing to do with the printery, and the fact that they are being sent home can't exactly explain for just the fewer support services required for a hundred less or so from the printery. The ones being sent home are being carefully selected, the criteria based on age, health background, and general usefulness. Like any downsizing, the idea is to enhance your assets and get rid of (potential) liabilities. One of their greatest assets is their ever-revolving pool of young men as free and willing labor, while their greatest potential liability are hundreds and hundreds of middle-aged couples where the wife may have a background of some physical ailment or be prone to CFS or fibromyalgia.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I have seen it -look inside the cover - publication date 1988

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

yes, and I heard they changed the title too...

Revelation -- It's Grander Climax at Hand!

supposedly every copy comes with "The Wild Beast" -- a "toy" for the sisters with 10 horns and 7 heads, and 666(!) different settings!

praise jah!

-silent

• learntoswim
    learntoswim

Yes there is an existing paperback Rev Climax book, but they're printing new paperback editions with all the corrections in. There's more than the 70 printed in the KM, but they're just statistical updates.

• stillajwexelder
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    There's more than the 70 printed in the KM, but they're just statistical updates.

Learn to Swim...are you serious? Or was this just a joke I didn't think was funny?

A poster here, V, has done an excellent exposition on all the changes.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/118235/1.ashx

With very good reason, I disagree with your assessment that these were "just" statistical updates. Perhaps you should study this out more carefully before making incorrect assertions of fact.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit