Concerning the Place of Women in the Congregation.

by Flash 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    "What is it about that job or role that requires a penis?"

A penis AND testicles. LOL

Your right though, when I used to go to the KH I knew a number of very qualified women that would make great Elders or CO's or DO's or anything else!

After sitting through numerous elders meeting that seemed to have no beginning or end I came to the conclusion that the only qualification some elders had was that they possessed a penis.

• Flash
    Flash
    ...the only qualification some elders had was that they possessed a penis.

LOL I get it! Brainlessly unqualified...except for the "penis!" Perhaps we should test for common sense before promoting anyone of either sex to a oversight position. Kissing-up or just being a good soldier shouldn't be credentials for advancement.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I guess I am trying to figure out why you are trying to reason w/ JWs using the Bible. We know that they hold to standards that were established by the old time rulers of the WTBTS. That being said, they establish the rule and then spin the Bible to support their theory. Pearls before swine people, pearls before swine.

P.S. I kind of hate to use that expression now because I was watching an A&E special about polygamists and one of their creepy old men said the reason they do not appear before the governmental authorities to explain themselves is because of the scripture referring to reasoning with people who are not as righteous as them as "pearls before swine". Frightening how similar JWs and polygamists are ... all creepy and controlling!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke
    "What is it about that job or role that requires a penis?"

errr....I am a Gigolo....

Pope

• Flash
    Flash

looking_glass

I guess I am trying to figure out why you are trying to reason w/ JWs using the Bible. We know that they hold to standards that were established by the old time rulers of the WTBTS. That being said, they establish the rule and then spin the Bible to support their theory.

Sadly true. Their leaders are most guilty of it though because they know better.

Pearls before swine people, pearls before swine.

Perhaps, remember when we were active Witnesses. It was because bilicaly what we were being taught made sense...at least in the begining before we were able to distinguish between bible truth and false human reasoning...and all the other errors. I still believe in the bible as containing the truth about God and the eventuality of mankind. So I posted this Thread for anyone in or out of the WTS, that might still consider the bible to mean something, to consider.

Frightening how similar JWs and polygamists are ... all creepy and controlling!
    Without a doubt. Religious Fundelmenatisim is a scary and dangerous thing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit