Reverse Shunning

by uwishufish 21 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Has anyone ever upon being df'd or da forbade the jws from speaking to them? Sort of as a preemptive strike. Explaining that if they so try you will seek an injunction!

Uwuf

• garybuss
    garybuss

I take the whole world one person at a time. If a person treats me good, I welcome them as a friend. If a person disrespects me or someone important to me, I don't try to change them, I just make sure they are disrespecting me and my family from a distance. 100 miles is about right.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I don't know that "injunction" is the right word for the reverse shunning. Usually courts deem an injunction/tro as a miscellaneous remedy. Maybe you mean a order of protection. But generally you have to prove that you are being harassed and are concerned for you safety. I don't know enough about a PO, so as to know what elements you need to prove to the court that you need a PO. Of course you can threaten the JWs w/ the slander threat, but even then the elements needed to prove it is often more trouble then it is worth.

Of course you can always just do it on your own, the whole, don't bother to reject me, because I reject you first kind of thing. But in the end, the fact that a person finds the need to do this to me would prove to JWs that they have control over the person. Why not just walk away with your head held high and believe that IT IS THEIR LOSS when we leave them behind to live our happy fulfilled lives.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Hi Gary

I' talked to you before. You answered some questions about "security guards" at assemblys.

I just noticed you're from SD. I wrecked a new truck on a pigtail turn in Wind Cave NP. Spent a week recuperating in Hot Springs. Some of the most hospitible people I have ever met in my life bar none.

Uwuf

• garybuss
    garybuss

South Dakota people are used to travelers cracking up on our roads. It's sort of a sub-industry. I live near Sioux Falls at the opposite end of the state. Here when people miss a curve we bury em.
    Here Witnesses are hit and run shunners. They'll whip a snub on ya one week and the next week they'll call ya and ask for a favor just like old times.
    I had two Witnesses ask to borrow my tractor and mower to mow a lot owned by the Witnesses and when they came to pick up the tractor, they snubbed me. Needless to say, that's the last time they got my tractor. These are actually defective people. I treat them like they are all mentally ill. That looks like a sort of reverent patronization, like the way I react to a person I know who claims he was abducted and taken onto a UFO by aliens. I don't want to offend him so I pretend to believe him.
    Once a Witness crosses a line and disrespects me or a person important to me, I drop them like yesterdays table scraps.
    Snubbing me at the assembly and then a few weeks later calling me to ask me how to fabricate solid surfacing material that I'm 50 states certified in, is disrespect. That's never okay.
    Several Witnesses tried to shun me and have normal contact with my wife or one of my sons. That's never okay. That will put me on the offensive quicker than anything.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

It's funny how the almighty $ or lack of motivates jws and they not even realize it. I.E. want to barrow your equipment, obviously they could not afford to rent some so it became alright to ask of a person they were to shun. Absurd

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witnesses didn't ask me personally to borrow my tractor, they asked my son to ask me and relay the answer back to them. That worked for them once. :-)

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Yesterday I went to a local cafe for lunch. I go there often. There is a jw that also goes to this cafe. A while ago when I was in the post office and he glanced at me but will not speak.

This time I said Hi How ya doing. He stamered and stumbled and finally said Hi.

From that time on he will not look at me or respond if I say hello.

Yesterday In the cafe he was sitting at a table and as I walked past I started to laugh and look at him.

The confusion and what ever went through his mind, flashed across his face which caused me to chuckle a little louder.

He has a strong case of cognitive dissonance If I have ever seen one.

I wonder if he will change cafe's? Ah I can find him.

Outoftheorg

• stealyourface
    stealyourface
    Here Witnesses are hit and run shunners. They'll whip a snub on ya one week and the next week they'll call ya and ask for a favor just like old times.
    The Witnesses didn't ask me personally to borrow my tractor, they asked my son to ask me and relay the answer back to them. That worked for them once. :-)

Gary, for a fact, NE drubs opperate the same way as they do in SD. I'll bet anyone a hotdish that MN drubs operate the same way, only I don't have the stomach to collect the data myself.

These are actually defective people. I treat them like they are all mentally ill.

Excellent practical, common-sense advice. Personally, I wish I'd made your virtual acquaintance years ago. Keep on telling it like it is!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

When dubs are willing to talk to me, I listen.

Because I can talk to whoever I want to, I'm not bound by any of those laws.

And if they want to break the rules, let em. The elders can't get me for being an accessory.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit