History Channel. The exodus

by agapa37 17 Replies latest jw friends

• agapa37
    agapa37

Did anyone watch it tonight? What did you think? I thought it was interesting. There idea about the Ark of the Covenant was off from what the Bibles says though.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

they had the last 3 Band of Brothers on tonight History Channel Rocks!!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

i watched it.........and thought it was very insightful.

I want to watch it again when i am not running around the house cleaning and getting bits and pieces.

But I like that they scientifically proved all the plagues and did there thinking out of the box.

I still think because people cannot explain nature they become superstitious and must have a God.

purps

• agapa37
    agapa37

I thought the tablets deoicting the Reed sea event was interesting. It made a whole lotta sense that they were actually what they said they were

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I found it fascinating. It's amazing how the Santorini volcano could have had so many side effects, even the parting of the Reed (not Red) Sea. I was fascinated by the explanation of how the first born sons of the Egyptians died. They slept on low beds close to the floor, while the rest of the sons and daughters slept up on the roofs or higher up. When the escaping gases seeped into the houses it killed all the ones sleeping close to the floor. All those awake (like the Israelites) or in elevated places did not die. A similar thing happened in Africa (I forgot what year they said) when gases from a volcano escaped and spread to this village nearby. It killed all the cattle and all the people who were sleeping. Those awake did not die. Prior to this it turned the waters of a nearby lake the color of blood, very similar to what happened in one of the plagues in Egypt.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    But I like that they scientifically proved all the plagues and did there thinking out of the box.

What's that about? I didn't get to see it. It sounds really interesting. What specifically did they say about the plagues?

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.historychannel.com/global/listings/series_showcase.jsp?EGrpType=Series&Id=17255036&NetwCode=THC

TVPG V cc

well the eruption of a volcano.......caused earthquakes that caused tsunamis that caused this and that to do this and that.

I missed the first few plagues......

I am looking online for transcription of the show.

purps

• Arthur
    Arthur

Thanks for posting that link purplesofa. I'll go on their website; and maybe I'll order the DVD.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

it will show again........it shows again at midnight.........

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I really enjoyed the History channel about the Santorini volcano's huge explosion and the following earthquakes and tsunami's and the fall out that caused darkness in day time and it explained how these could cause the plague and the other things in the bible.

Now the jw's and other religions will all be saying. WELL YOU KNOW THAT GOD CAUSED ALL THAT TO HAPPEN.

Ya can't change a devoted believer.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit