WTF? Cancelling our Karma.

by Sparkplug 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Great My day is done! Next? ANYone. What do you want to be the 2nd time around?

• KW13
    KW13

oooo i dunno, mmm...a Goat not a sheep

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

one of my fat cats...........they just lay around........i make sure they are fed and combed.....

i mean.........they have got it made.

purps

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hi Arthur

Speaking as a priest of the Hongaku Jodo sect of Shin Buddhism, I would like to point out there is no "sin" in Buddhism as there is no God to sin against. There is indeed negative karma, which is Sanskrit for "action." Americans are very confused about karma, saying such things as "Your karma must be bad." That is confusing karma with the fruit of karma.

Unlike Hinduism, Buddhism teaches that one can be "awakened" (enlightened) at any moment, to see things as they really are, and hence be free of the wheel of rebirth. It is Hinduism, not Buddhism, that declares that everyone must live for hundreds-thousands-millions of lifetimes to overcome one's negative karma. Buddhism says that by grasping/comprehending the Four Noble Truths and following the Eightfold Path, one can awaken at any moment and be free.

Namaste,
    MM

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Speaking as a priest of the Hongaku Jodo sect of Shin Buddhism, I would like to point out there is no "sin" in Buddhism as there is no God to sin against.

Really? You are? Well then I have a question...I seem to recall that there is no God unless you believe there is a God.

There is indeed negative karma, which is Sanskrit for "action." Americans are very confused about karma, saying such things as "Your karma must be bad." That is confusing karma with the fruit of karma. Unlike Hinduism, Buddhism teaches that one can be "awakened" (enlightened) at any moment, to see things as they really are, and hence be free of the wheel of rebirth.

Did I say Buddhism said that? Let me go see. I know my paper was on Hindu. It is like Buddha in a girdle. lol

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

What U feel is what you get.

What U sense is what you grasp.

What U know is what you act upon.

Love Ya,
    Sherwood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit