I had a bad dream....

by loosie 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

**I dreamt my husband and I were at a KH for a wedding.**

I have had a few of those myself...and some convention/assembly nightmares to top it off.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Ah, the old stuck-in-the-KH-and-can't-escape nightmare. I used to wake up sweating after one of those. They've faded away over the years. Now I just get the garden-variety nightmares--far less frightening.

• Synergy
    Synergy

I had a dream a few weeks ago that we were having a family Watchtower study...the ones we'd have on Saturday night for Sunday am. I just burst out at my mother and grandmother and father, "How can you people sit here and swallow this garbage. This is so out of line with the Bible." Then I started hitting the Watchtower on the kitchen table and screaming "I HATE THE WATCHTOWER! I HATE THE WATCHTOWER!" Then my dad gets up, takes off his belt and comes after me for a beating. I am fighting back with all my might as he's beating me and I'm screaming "I'M 27 YEARS OLD. YOU CAN'T BEAT ME! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME READ THIS CRAP! YOU CAN'T BEAT ME ANYMORE!"

For those of you who don't know me...I had a severely messed up childhood in this cult.

Renee (of the Bad Dreams From Beatings class)

• parakeet
    parakeet

Renee:
    ***For those of you who don't know me...I had a severely messed up childhood in this cult.***
    Yowza! My JW nightmares pale in comparison to yours. I had a relatively normal and happy childhood before the JWs came into the picture in my early teens. I feel great compassion for those who had to live with the JW misery and more from birth. Hope your nightmares grow less intense with time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit