I'm a grandma!

by Out At 22 10 Replies latest social family

• Out At 22
    Out At 22

.....and I'm barely 28 y/o! LOL My 17 y/o stepdaughter delivered a healthy baby girl almost three weeks ago! It is really weird seeing and holding that baby and being called "grandma". Obviously we aren't happy she got pg at 16 and delivered at 17, but what is done is done.

My DH of 5 yrs is 37 y/o and has four girls (17, 14, 9, 7).

Just thought I'd share! :)

Jessica

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Congrats, OA22! Take heart that you will be the best looking grammie at the child's school grandparent's day.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It's the most awesomest thing to be a young grandmamama. You have energy to keep up (almost). You get all the benefits without any of the responsibility.

I suggest you plan on stocking a toy box for baby's visits in the future, and a designated candy spot. My Naomi now beelines for her designated places in our home.

• okie46
    okie46

Congratulations!!!!!!! My first grandchild was born when I was only 37. It is fabulous being a Grandma!!! You get to spoil them and then send them home. I have two gorgeous granddaughters now and they are so precious and so much fun. Enjoy!!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Congrats, Jessica! Children are so sweet-most of the time!

• vitty
    vitty

Congratulations, like you said whats done is done

Now enjoy it, you are so young you will really have a great time helping this young mum

• Mulan
    Mulan

That's funny. Congratulations!

I have a niece who was also a young grandma in the same situation. It's hilarious hearing her teenaged (18) grandson call her "grandma", when she is 40.

• delilah
    delilah

congratulations......it's so much fun to be a young gramma...enjoy. I have a 15 month old grandson...he's adorable.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OK wait I skip over STEP daughter, ha ha ha I was like DAMN she was 11 when she had her! ha ha ha

At 11 years old you married a 40 year old Elder and had a baby then went to the same school as the baby until High school where you dropped out, home schooled and did pioneering full time

• praiseband
    praiseband

Congratulations! I have been a grandma now for nearly two years - I have two granddaughters and they are wonderful! One is my daughter's and the other my son's. It has been so much fun to watch them parent their babies, and I am so very proud of them both. I guess their dad and I must have done pretty well as parents ourselves! Praiseband

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit