and now a minutes silence for the people of Iraq

by GWEEDO 16 Replies latest jw friends

• claudia
    claudia

Gweedo has been smoking crack!!!!!

• TR
    TR

This is why the U.S. needs to change their policy on state sanctioned assassination.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• claudia
    claudia

TR, what do you mean? Im ashamed that I dont know as much as I should about government. Then when somehting happens I scramble to learn things.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

So sanctions are a good thing...Oh, sorry for my errant thinking.

I'll just crawl back into my little hole here:

http://leb.net/IAC/

And smoke some more crack ....Claudia! cheers!

• jelly
    jelly

Gweedo,

That last post was the cowards way out. If you had the guts to bring up these issues then you should have the guts to defend them. Read my post and answer my questions. I’ll be bringing this up to the top until I get a response.

[1] Why is America responsible for feeding Iraq's children?
    [2] Why do you blame America and not S. Husein?
    [3] What reasons do you have to believe with extra income S. Husein would feed his people?

Jelly egarly awaiting your reply.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

Jelly,

[1] Why is America responsible for feeding Iraq's children?

The issue is whether THE U.S. imposed sanctions are a good or bad thing. Thats U.S. Sanctions. I say they are a bad thing. Not worth the price paid.

2) my answer to 2 is that you didn't read the first article. I've never said Hussein was a good guy. I merely believe that the US is in a position to do something...and has a responsibility to do so, since they are the ones imposing the sanctions.

3)What are you saying???? that lifting sanctions wouldn't alleviate suffering of the Iraqi people, so we may as well keep them?....I can't fathom your reasoning here!. If you are saying that Saddam wouldn't give a shit about his own people after sanctions are lifted just remember that life before the Gulf war was so much better. One of the reasons Saddam was so popular was because he provided his people with a relatively good standard of living i.e. They actually had morphine in hospitals and went to the doctor instead of buying medical text books from markets so as to do their own 'do it yourself' ops. Of course he never gave a shite about the Kurds...though nor did the US, who was a backer of Saddam when he was committing atrocities. Kurds BTW suffer as a result of sanctions too...right now, and lifting sanctions would help them too BTW. Yes, believe it or not.

If you want an opposing opinion and a better break down go to the aforementioned site, look under 'fact sheets' and then look for '11 myths on sanctions'. Dont care to, then good for you. Think putting up a link is cowardly...too bad. Do you think i give a shit about winning debates and arguments with you....cause i dont!

I'll go back to smoking crack now!!!

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

You know, all i'm really saying is that the U.S. has enemies for reasons. It's not as simple as George W.Bush has put it: that the U.S. was attacked because it is a lover of freedom. The issues run deeper and become quite complex.
    To figure out why the US is so hated by some is a question that should be approached not flippantly, but very seriously and honestly.
    Its all very well to talk revenge....and i admitt it's unreasonable to expect the US not to do so in some way. But what I'm worried about now is the possiblity of escalation. Attacking someone could well give further justification to these pscho terrorists out there to committ further atrocities. I can't see things ending well at the moment...and I don't like where things might be heading. I hope there are a few people high up on both sides that real cool heads. Sadly, there are some people around who seem to react to these situations as if it's just a game and we can drop bombs like we are playing Duke Nukem. The world don't need anymore Armchair commando's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit