Will a Divorced person become single and unbound in Paradise?

by AJan 9 Replies latest social relationships

• AJan
    AJan

My dear Brothers and sisters,

Hope you all are doing fine. I have been having some questions in my mind for which i wasnt able to find a conclusive answer. Thats the reason why i am seekin your help. I have a friend and she is divorced. She wasnt divorced on biblical grounds. So it means that she is still bound to her ex-husband in Jehovahs eyes and so she is not free to remarry. As for as i know, she is not in anyway getting back to him because of her disappointing long married life. My question is as follows:

What will happen to her situation in the new world? Will she become single again and be free to remarry or will she still be still bound to her ex-husband?

Since every faithful person enters the thousand year reign with a clean slate, does that mean that her marital status will also be reset meaning her sin (divorcing) will be forgiven and she will be single?

I would really appreciate your help in this regard. I wish you all Jehovahs blessing.

Thanking you in advance.

Kind Regards,
    A witness of Jehovah

PS: Scriptural citations will be helpful

• carla
    carla

um, have you read any of the threads here?

What makes you think any of the jw view of the 'new system' is correct biblically? Are you hoping to marry this woman and are you waiting for the 'new system'? Maybe you should look into if the jw view is correct in the first place and live your life now instead of waiting for something that may be completely fictional to begin with. Just a thought.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Dear Ajan,

According to Watchtower doctrine and the rules of the organization, she is permanently bound to her husband until one of them dies. Those that survived into the watchtower paradise would not have previous life obligations erased. Only the circumstances for a "scriptural divorce" approved by the elders, or death, would end the marriage vows either in the "present" system, or the "new world order".

I would be happy to provide biblical citations to support this watchtower doctrine, but since the JW organization is a man-made organization with its own set of man-made rules and regulations, this would be an impossibility.

Cheers!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I was under the impression that we'd have the harems and concubines, as did David & Solomon. After all we've been through in this wicked, wicked, world, don't we deserve it.

Dismembered

• zeroday
    zeroday

What will happen to her situation in the new world? Will she become single again and be free to remarry or will she still be still bound to her ex-husband?
    She should do what my Elder cousin did when his wife left him after 30 years of mental abuse. He did not have scriptural grounds for remarriage so he just slept with a single sister in the congo and went crying to the Elders and they public reproved them for 6 months and said "Oh well, you might as well get married."

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Ajan, and welcome to the board.

You may be looking in the wrong place for the sort of information you are seeking. This is a discussion board mainly populated by ex jws, although there are a few active ones who post here, and one of them may respond.

Having said that, I am glad to see you here, so please stay with us.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome Ajan!

Armageddon has been cancelled.

Paradise has been cancelled.

Your friend is on her own to make the best of her life without intervention from her invisible imaginary friends.

Agape,

- NN

• vitty
    vitty

Leave it to Jehovah......................or .......................get married sit on the back row for 6 months .......it will be worth all this agony of waiting

• Flash
    Flash

Hi AJan

Since every faithful person enters the thousand year reign with a clean slate, does that mean that her marital status will also be reset meaning her sin (divorcing) will be forgiven and she will be single?

In my opinion, unless God makes a special adustment to His law, they will have to reunite and fix whatever problems they have with each other. This may sound bad, but on the other side of Armageddon we can be sure Christ will not tolorate for any length of time unloving behavior between spouses. If the love between them has diminshed, with consistant expressions of love in ALL levels of their relationship, it will grow again over time.

I strongly recomend the book "True Love" by Daphne Rose Kingma. This book should be required reading for anyone who is in, or wants to be in a relationship.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1573248630/sr=8-2/qid=1156025276/ref=sr_1_2/104-2871690-0217565?ie=UTF8

Best Wishes ~ Flash

• jgnat
    jgnat

It appears you accidentally asked the question twice. Here's my answer again.

It is just as likely that in his perfected state, her husband would then be tolerable.

Sorry, there are no scriptural citations for this kind of weirdness. Romans 2:14-20. Mark 12:18-27

Are you hoping to marry her in the new world?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit