Duane Magnani - Anyone Here Know the Name?

by Seeker4 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The Magnani family was from the Keene, NH congregation, the one where my ex-wife grew up. Duane was at one time quite a well-known anti-JW.

I knew his father Leo quite well. As an elder he was a strong influence on me. He was an engineer, and eventually saw through the WTS and left the Witnesses. I also knew Duane's ex-wife Diane and his daughter, though I can't remember her name.

Was just wondering if there was anyone here who knew the name or how to contact the family?

S4

• Warlock
    Warlock

seeker

I know the name. He used to be an occasional guest on KBRT radio out here in So. Cal.

I think the host was Craig Hawkins. He might be out here, but I really don't know.

Warlock

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was in contact with a nonJW whos wife was becoming a JW and he paid about 5 or 6,000 to have some professionals to have his wife deprogramed, and the name Duane Magnani was mentioned. I not sure if he was one of the deprogramers.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I googled the name and found out that Duane is very active in a Christian ministry on the West Coast. Not exactly the direction I went in (by a long shot!), but interesting none the less.

Fundamentalism isn't exactly my cup of tea, eh.

S4

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

you've got a PM

• RR
    RR

I know Duane .... scum of the earth!

RR

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

NN,

Thanks for the info.

RR,

Elaborate. I must tell you, I've never met the guy, though I loved his dad.

S4

• VM44
    VM44

Duane Magnani is involved with the Witness, Inc ministry.

http://www.witnessinc.com

He has also been called in as an expert witness in some court cases involving JWs.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

RR: "I know Duane .... scum of the earth!"

RR, strong words! Why do you say them?

--VM44

• AlanF
    AlanF

I know Duane fairly well. Are you trying to contact him, Seeker4?

RR doesn't like Magnani because he has pulled some rather shady things on various Bible Students over the years in order to obtain old Watchtower publications. I tend to agree with his feelings, but Magnani has also done a great deal of good in getting information out about the Watchtower Society.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit