An interesting article quote from the guy who confessed to killing JonBonet

by Check_Your_Premises 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

JonBenet's body was found in the basement of the Ramsey home in Boulder, Colorado, early on the morning of December 26. Karr told reporters in Bangkok that he was with JonBenet in the basement when she died.

But Lara Karr's attorney, Michael Rains, said his client "sincerely believes there was no Christmas ... anytime between 1989 and 2000 when they were married ... when her husband was not with her and her family at Christmastime

Ok, speculation alert... you all know where I am going with this. To the normal person this sentence means nothing, at most the vague, passing consideration that he and his wife were estranged.

To those familiar with the WT world those words stand out...

...and there seems to be some other JW-ish aspect of this story about a pedophile that I just cant seem to put my finger on?

C'mon people help me out here.... just drawing a blank here.

Edit: Ok I just re-read it and the part after the elipse makes it clear that there were Christmas', but they were always together... my bad...\ (hey it is Friday)

• karen96
    karen96

There is much speculation on the internet that this guy confessed to murdering JonBenet in order to be extradicted to the US. He has made several trips to Bangkok before, and the hunch is that he got caught paying for sex with minors in Thailand. If that is the case, he would much rather serve any jail time in the US (possibly for a crime he did not commit) than to rot in a Thai prison for the rest of his life.

I am not saying the above is true, but that is the musings out there.

Karen

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

This seems like some sort of psychosis to me. If he was a real JW, Danny Hazzard would allready have the dirt.

• hambeak
    hambeak

From what i've seen on the news his exwife said he was no where near colorado during the time of the Murder. I agree that I believe he is a baby raper and would rather rot in a US prison than a Thai Prison.

• caligirl
    caligirl

From what I understand, there seem to be some problems with his story in that it does not correspond to the evidence. Of course what is out there right now is just the rumor mill, but I'm not holding my breath that he is really the one that did it. He seems a bit loopy to me. I guess we will have to wait and see what the evidence is.

• FairMind
    FairMind

My opinion at present is that Karr is a whacko that is admitting guilt for a crime he did not commit. His admission of guilt is not enough to convict him of the crime. There has to be hard evidence tying him to the crime scene. If the palm print the police have is his then that is (IMO) irrefutable proof of his guilt, as would any of his DNA found at the crime scene. Lacking this type of hard evidence coupled with his ex-wife's statement the he was with her when the crime was committed gets him off the hook regardless of what he says he did.

I also wouldn't make too much of the fact the he was infatuated with Jon Bonet since he has a "problem" with regard to sexual fantasies (and maybe forays) with children.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull

I doubt that he would be allowed to rot in prison -- if he was found guilty and NOT executed (that must qualify for the death penalty...) how could he possibly survive prison?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit