I need help to clear my mind...

by digglina 10 Replies latest jw friends

• digglina
    digglina

Agape,

I'm sorry to say that your response made my skin crawl. Maybe I've heard such comments one time to many. I suppose you mean well and maybe I can make you happy by saying that I do read the bible and also pray. I even feel like for the first time in my life I really depend on God. Probably because there are no answers anymore...

But, I was asking for practicle advise and fact is that citing scriptures, although comforting sometimes, seems empty when dealing with large difficulties in your life. It feels as if the person quoting them doesn't understand what is really going on. Almost like waving your problems away (think of people talking of resurrection after your spouse/mother/father/child just died: you just want that person back, right now! And you miss him/her right now. I've spoken to many people in such a situation and nobody found comfort in the promise of paradise right after losing somebody.) What I need, and probably many with me in difficult situations, is knowing how to take things step by step, finding comfort in small achievements and loving people around me. Then we'll see about scriptures...

Hope you'll understand.

Digglina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit