Why I write...

by Jerohobobonadad 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• karen96
    karen96

Welcome! It is a load of crap, but as many have said, you should judge it so for yourself (I think you already know the answer). There is plenty of ideas and research to be utilized on this board, so enjoy!

Karen

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

Any religion that punishes the honest [those who just dont believe JWs represent any god] and rewards the dishonest [those who stay in for family sake], cannot be right, can it?

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I'm still fairly bible literate and therefore not easily fooled, and so I'm pretty certain that your alias is, indeed, a bible name.

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

"Any religion that punishes the honest [those who just dont believe JWs represent any god] and rewards the dishonest [those who stay in for family sake], cannot be right, can it?" I'm not sure if i understood you correctly, do you think those poor souls that remain in the borg for the sake of not losing communication with their families still in the borg are dishonest? love jason

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jero,

Welcome to the forum! Truth is 100% truth. It does not nor can it EVER change if it in fact was truth to begin with. It also will withstand ANY examination. And by such a examination, it will be only faith strengthening. That is if it is truth. If it is not it will become evident fairly quickly! If truth is what you sek, no matter what it is, then why not put your faith to the test. Afterall, wouldn't Jehovah and Christ Jesus expect us to do just that??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• morty
    morty

WELCOME TO THE BOARD JEROHOBOBONANDAD....

AND TO THE WORLD OF B*LL-SH*T....

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Welcome J...
    After being completely engulfed in this organization for 3/4 of my life, I have come to the conclusion as well that it is a bunch of crapola started by a bunch of power hungry glory seeking men.
    Hope you stick around.
    WW

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jerohobonobonad...lol, nice nick, I take it you had your share of those Old Testament-stories.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Wow, you did your own thinking.... That could get you into trouble!

Welcome!

Bryan

• free2beme
    free2beme

There is a lot of information out there and in all cases you should take the time to learn both sides and make a decision that feels right for you. Religion as a whole is a search within, and the answers are not always going to be as cut and dry as organized religion would have you believe. Going to a former Witness board, which is what this place is, is a good way of seeing what some negative outcomes of the religion can produce. Yet there is also some positive experiences with people who have found within the Watchtower what they needed. I personally do not think that any one true religion exist. Only one that is true to us. So learn, educate yourself and find what matters to you. If in the end, that finds you going to a Kingdom Hall, then that is your life and not something you should let others decide for you or control you into doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit