a recent random thought....

by the dreamer dreaming 4 Replies latest social humour

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

Jesus said something along the lines of--- if your eye offends you [if what you see offends you], pluck out your eye....

I have never met a one eyed christian, but I have met some pretty offended ones.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LOL when my super dub husband cheated on me i wanted to cut off what offended ME.

but that woulda been a crime !

• james_woods
    james_woods

Did you ever see that old B&W Sci-Fi "The Man with the XRay Eyes"? It starred Ray Milland, and he ended up having to pluck out both eyes in the end...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

It wouldnt really be ones eye that is doing the offending tho,would it?.I mean,the eye only sees What is there,ya know? I think that what the bible clearly means is that if you dont like what cbs {the eye} is showing you,than you should switch to nbc or abc or like,um,HBO or somethiing of that ilk.Maybe even fox,i dont know.Just keep away from the possibly demonized eye logo stations.The bible is perfectly clear on this in 2 Orthinarians 5:22..and it continues to say," roll up a nice fat one,or a nice cold gin and tonic,while you chage stations.and then enjoy." .Anyway,thats what i get from that particularly inspiring bit of scripture.Seems perfectly clear to me.Btw Im always ready to share my divine interpertations of any scriptures.I have translated the original bible,all the broken crusts of papyrus and stonea much more pleasurable translation of the bible.I have eliminated most of the 'begats' and repetitious boring stuff,but translated the rest of it to very fun and inspiring words of divinity..Wonder if the wtbtc might be interested in buying it?The psalms and the Revelation fables are much better now.hehheh

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It seems to me that the scripture implies that it is the one taking offence who has the problem. Jesus didn't say "If you see something that offends you, campaign to have it banned". He said to pluck out your eye so you couldn't see it anymore. Maybe those who are quick to take offence could work on changing their own attitudes rather than trying to impose their beliefs on others.

Did you ever see that old B&W Sci-Fi "The Man with the XRay Eyes"? It starred Ray Milland, and he ended up having to pluck out both eyes in the end...

Yes I have, great sci-fi yarn, but it was actually in colour, and now you've gone and spoiled the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit