Fibermialga sickness (spelling?)

by Nowman 34 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Thanks for bringing up the topic. Someone said that when a rheumatologist can't get a complete diagnosis from blood tests he automatically says it's Fibromyalgia. With this illness you have certain painful points on your body. I've had this and I can relate to all of your statements. I do have arthritis which was diagnosed in my foot from an old highschool injury.

It's one of the least understood illnesses around. True pain and stiffness. Some days better than others. I too take Effexor and clonazepam. Often times they find it does relate to depression which I have battled for quite a long time, but have finally found a regimen that works for me.

Thinking of all of you that have this "mystery" illness. Take each day as it comes and enjoy it in ways you are able to.

Juni

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((Juni))))

I remember too well that hopeless feeling, not knowing what I had just knowing I felt really bad and the symptoms came and went (to some degree), no test could diagnose it, there was just a "well it might be.....and btw we really don't know how to treat it". Ugg!

Thanks for bringing up the topic. Someone said that when a rheumatologist can't get a complete diagnosis from blood tests he automatically says it's Fibromyalgia. With this illness you have certain painful points on your body. I've had this and I can relate to all of your statements. I do have arthritis which was diagnosed in my foot from an old highschool injury.

I was on a waiting list (6 weeks) to see a rheumatologist when someone suggested I see this Chiropractor. I am so glad I went to see the Chrio. The other two sisters who told me about the rheumatologist didn't fare as well as I. One is dead due to complications of her treatment and the other is in a wheelchair. I took the natural approach and am doing century bike rides, go figure!

It's one of the least understood illnesses around. True pain and stiffness. Some days better than others. I too take Effexor and clonazepam. Often times they find it does relate to depression which I have battled for quite a long time, but have finally found a regimen that works for me.

There are natural ingredients like St. John's Wart and other herbs which can do the same for you albeit it does take longer for your body to assimilate them and start working but when it does it is a real help. You are also in the healing mode which is what you want to do, "heal" the illness not "mask" it.

Thinking of all of you that have this "mystery" illness. Take each day as it comes and enjoy it in ways you are able to.

I have been nearly a decade well from this mysterious illness and yet I am proactive in my care and well being. When ever I get one of those aches in my joints I must say my heart skips a beat! I'll never forget how helpless I felt and I'm grateful everyday that I have full use of my body scan the aches and pains of fibromyalgia.

I really do urge anyone suffering from Fibromyalgia and CFS to treat it the natural way with vitamins, minerals and herbs that your body can recognize utilize and heal the damage. It works I am living proof of it.

• berryqueen
    berryqueen

I have fibromyalgia myself. Things that helps me are: aleve, exercise, less stress, sex, and great humor/positive attitude!

I do work full time but I wear myself out all the time. I often sleep on the bus on the way home and go to bed early after my kids are in bed.

I will have to quit my job later if I find it unmanageable.

• talesin
    talesin

Me, too, berry. I can't take meds though, but everything YOU said, plus a long hot shower or bath in the morning to soothe the nerve pain.

<----------------- for your strength! Keep on keepin' on!

And my doctor introduced me to maryjane. She helps a lot, too, from time to time. :)

• talesin
    talesin

btw, this thread is 6 years old.

We now know this is a neurological syndrome. Be wary of Lyrica, if you haven't already tried it. SERIOUS side effects.

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit