Need mature advice on this one..........

by Sunnygal41 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

One congregation I was in there were only two elders and they did everything. One of them was borderline senile so it would have been hard to convene a JC let alone pick somebody else to give the special needs talk and the DFing announcement.

Who is better familiarized with what the problem was than the elders who were in the JC tho...if you think about it.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

yes, I was hazy..........having one of those days where it's hard to formulate from thoughts to words and trying to be discreet because I have to be careful cuz these folks are still in...........a case in their family was handled very very badly and he is thinking of suing..........he was told by another brother that the only way he could do it would be through the situation I already hazily mentioned...........he is an elder himself, so he knows the "rules" that a member of the committee has to give the talk...........I have to tell you the truth that I am a bit puzzled myself...........I'm not sure if I understood what he wants or where he's going with this.........but, I told him there were some great minds on here and I'd present it to the lot of you to kick around..........I'll let him know what y'all come up with..........thanks!!!

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

bttt

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Aniron...." Also no one but the JC should know what was discussed at the JC. Thus avoiding speculation"

You must be joking - the Elders wives usually know and don't mind sharing

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    You must be joking - the Elders wives usually know and don't mind sharing

Woz, I know in some congs. that might be the case, but, not all. I was an elder's wife and my ex never shared committee stuff with me. We both had very strong morals in that area.

Terri

• blondie
    blondie

The trouble with elders sharing is not that all elders share with their wives, all it takes is one elder who shares with his gossipy wife and it is all over the congregation.

Blondie (elder hubbie never told me anything nor would I share anything confidential; I knew which elders had loose lips)

• Quandry
    Quandry

I am afraid that what will eventually happen is a lot of people in will be frustrated and angry, and rightly so.

When my teen daughter was disfellowshipped after hours of the JC trying to force her to admit to something she was not even accused of, yes, fornication, we appealed. The JC lied, slandered our family to others, an appeal committee chairman lied to us, etc. Would you believe another elder, not on the JC gave the "warning talk" to the congo while the case was under appeal-just to get the gossip started. Then, my family was berated from the platform (not overtly, of course, but remarks that we knew applied to us) for appealing the decision to df. Other equally incredulous things were done. We wrote letter after letter to the great and powerful Oztower Society.

The letter we received back from the Society would make you want to run down the street screaming. It was a whitewash of what happened.

Don't think they are bound by rules. They make up the rules as they go along. The cards are all stacked in their favor.

They are MOSES and their sacred pronouncements must be accepted and abided by or YOU are the troublemaker!!

• sandy
    sandy

Since the elders are supossed to keep thing said in "the little room" confidential maybe you can file a lawsuit against them for violating this.

I am sure the gossip mill has already gotten started. Do some investigating and find out the source of the leak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit