How does a JW get around the scripture, "Every knee will bow..."?

by jgnat 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just some private pondering here. As I watched a good friend get baptized, I wondered, how does a Jehovah's Witness explain Isaiah 45:22-23/Romans 14:11? In these two scriptures, God says that one day everyone will honor him. I see this as the Holy Spirit roaming the earth without aid of missionary or tract, speaking directly to people's hearts. I believe it happens.

(Rom 14:11 CEV) In the Scriptures God says, "I swear by my very life that everyone will kneel down and praise my name!"

(Isa 45:22-23 RV) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

So I looked it up.

ip-2 chap. 6 p. 92 Jehovah—"A Righteous God and a Savior" ***

In his letter to the Romans, the apostle Paul quoted the Septuagint rendering of Isaiah 45:23 to show that eventually everyone alive will acknowledge God’s sovereignty and will praise his name continually.—Romans 14:11; Philippians 2:9-11; Revelation 21:22-27.

I see. The JW's fully expect all the UNWORTHY ONES to be dead, dead, dead...their bones picked by the vultures...before everyone's knees go down. Six million kneelers on an empty planet, rather than six billion. MAKES SENSE TO ME (insert heavy sarcasm here).

• Rooster
    Rooster

Remember this scripture.

"Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

So they can do what ever they want. Twist scriptures like pegs & force square pegs into round holes.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I was hoping they had a more in-depth explanation rather than couching words...eventually...everyone alive....

What a weak Jehovah god they have created.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I have another one for you from Matthew 16:19

and whatever you may bind on earth will be the thing bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loose on earth will be the thing loosed in the heavens."

Now as you can see they are binding things in heaven with every new Watchtower magazine.

• lesterd
    lesterd

Christ bought the world of mankind since Adam with his blood, all will have a resurection that did not know him befor his coming and starting Christianity and those that died never hearing about him. Those raise after the great tribulation will number in the billions and fill the earth, and learn about Chirst and have the chance to except him.

• jgnat
    jgnat

But lesterd the scripture, alone, reads like a single event. Not something fitted in to the WT agenda.

• heathen
    heathen

Don't give them any ideas , next they will want everybody to bow or kneel before the "anointed" which are placed with all authority on earth . (said with heavy scarcasm )

• Forscher
    Forscher

As you noticed, they basically ignore it.
    Just a little history though, Russell didn't. To begin with he saw the Big A more in terms of a total collapse of the world systems, at which point God would step in and take over through his son. Everybody who'd died would be resurrected, including Adam and Eve, thus everybody with the execption of the 144,000, who'd be taken to heaven would end up fulfilling that scripture. Though it goes without saying that the 144,000 would do it in heaven as well when you get down to it.
    Actually, I like that a heck of a lot better than the Rutherford's version. Who in their right mind wouldn't?
    Forscher

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I was looking for information on this very topic just now, and there is very little available. It's almost like the wts can't really fit it in with their doctrine, so they basically ignore it and hope no one notices. It would be a good one to ask a jw, they'd probably give you the stock "I'll look it up and get back to you" answer, and you'd never see them again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit