Prior Knowledge of Attack

by Satanus 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Here are 2 news items that indicate prior american govt knowledge.

S

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rense.com

Echelon Warned US & Israeli
    Intel Hijacked Planes
    Were To Be Weapons
    By Ned Stafford
    BizReport.com
    9-14-1

U.S. and Israeli intelligence agencies received warning signals at least three months ago that Middle Eastern terrorists were planning to hijack commercial aircraft to use as weapons to attack important symbols of American and Israeli culture, according to a story in Germany's daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung (FAZ).

The FAZ, quoting unnamed German intelligence sources, said that the Echelon spy network was being used to collect information about the terrorist threats, and that U.K. intelligence services apparently also had advance warning. The FAZ, one of Germany's most respected dailies, said that even as far back as six months ago western and near-east press services were receiving information that such attacks were being planned.

Within the American intelligence community, the warnings were taken seriously and surveillance intensified, the FAZ said. However, there was disagreement on how such terrorist attacks could be prevented, the newspaper said.

Echelon is said to be a vast information collection system capable of monitoring all the electronic communications in the world. It is thought to be operated by the U.S., the U.K., Canada, Australia and New Zealand. No government agency has ever confirmed or denied its existence. However, an EU committee that investigated Echelon for more than a year just last week reported its belief that the system does exist.

The EU committee said that Echelon sucks up electronic transmissions "like a vacuum cleaner," using keyword search techniques to sift through enormous amounts of data.

The FAZ, in its news story, described the system as covering the whole world with 120 satellites. The newspaper also said Israeli intelligence had collected information indicated that Arab terrorist groups planned to hijack planes in Europe to use as weapons to attack targets in Tel Aviv and other coastal cities in Israel.

Because of increasing concerns of plane hijackings, Israel has tested a new x-ray machine at the Tel Aviv airport, the FAZ said. The machine capable of detecting all known explosive elements, even if only in small quantities, the newspaper said.

The FAZ said that German intelligence fears that in coming days planes will be hijacked in Europe and the Near East, and that there is no sure way to protect against it.

http://www.bizreport.com/article.php?art_id=2137&width=800

x

MainPage
    http://www.rense.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rense.com

German Police Confirm Iranian
    Deportee Phoned Warnings
    Of WTC Attack
    http://www.online.ie/news/latest_world/viewer.adp?article=1512332
    9-14

German police have confirmed an Iranian man phoned US police from his deportation cell to warn of the planned attack on the World Trade Centre.

The Lower Saxony Justice Ministry has confirmed the man warned of the impending series of terrorist attacks, but had not been believed.

Spokesman Frank Woesthoff said the man phoned America "several times", but refused to give further details.

He said the US Secret Service had not told the ministry about the calls received from the Langenhagen prison until after the attacks.

"I cannot say anything about the man and the ministry does not know the content of the conversations," he added.

The Hanover daily newspaper Neue Presse reported the 29-year-old was dismissed as mentally unstable when he gave the warning of a terrorist attack to occur this week.

The ministry would not reveal when the calls had been made.

MainPage
    http://www.rense.com

• TR
    TR

Who the hell figured they'd do it with box cutters and no explosives or guns, though, for god's sake. Time to ban knives of any sort on all flights, and have trained military personnel at all airports, and possibly all commercial flights.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Satanus
    Satanus

TR

Israel is the real target, and it is able to protect its airlines.

Since evidence is emerging that the govt had prior warning, what you suggest could have been implemented. These intelligence people are supposed to be intelligent. They have many times invented these types of weapons, such as plastic knives. Don't you think THEY would have known of them?

S

• TR
    TR

SS,

This is what frustrates me. You think they could have prevented it.

It's like the rules for pilots and flight patterns around D.C. A pilot gets in trouble for deviating, but what if he decides to kamikazi?! There's no safegaurds in place. Hell, maybe we should have triple A batteries and STA missles around the Pentagon, White House, and capital bulidings.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Satanus
    Satanus

TR

The point is that, as far as anyone knows, no extra precautions were taken, none. These warnings came in and nothing was done. It sounds like, as the conspiricists would say, the attack was welcomed, or there was arrogance involved. Have you ever known the american govt to be arrogant?

S

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello SaintS,

thanks for the post and the informations.

You do realize the ...implications for the USA' secret

services!!

I'll explore the links.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• jelly
    jelly

I am no expert, I admit that readily, but there are two reasons I can see for these attacks not being prevented.

(1) Information overload – The CIA does trap all electronic comm signals worldwide. And undoubtedly evidence for this attack is stored somewhere in the DATA. But for data to become useful information it must be processed. Basically the CIA is not good enough at telling credible and non credible threats, they need to develop better data processes and couple that with actual human intel (something America has always been terrible at).

(2) It also seems that the different Government agencies are not sharing information and working together. There needs to be a much more coordinated effort between the CIA / FBI / INS / and Military. This also needs to be coupled with greater teamwork and information pooling between nations.

I don’t think the American government felt something like this could not happen. They take terrorism very seriously, I think we were just ill equip to deal with the situation.

Jelly

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Jelly,

just to thanks you for expressing

a logical and balanced view of the events,

before the inimaginable and horrific attacks.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jelly

Valid points.

Machislopp

Possible implications, yes very serious. What if it went higher. My impression is that the security services are made up of many basically good men, for others, it's just a job. Mostly, though, they are 'company men' as men or women in organisations tend to be. If directives came from higher up, they would be followed.

If there were interference from higher up it wouldn't be the first time. As you probably still remember the credible accounts of reliable witnesses of the explosion of flight twa 800 were ignored or twisted by the fbi. At one point some of these witnesses took out a full page add to draw attention to this.

The investigation of the oklahoma city bombing event was also flawed, with much evidence being withheld by the fbi. While the evidence was never released, the fact of the withholding was made public shortly before mcveigh was executed.

Most people depend on tv to educate them about current events. While news coverage can well be true, it is selective. Topics that don't agree with policies of the corporations and groups that own the news networks seldom get much coverage. People are conditioned to forget the old news. The new news occupies them. Books which are published years after the evnt, that explain them are ignored.

I know, conspiricy. Actually, i think they are a whole bunch of conspiricies being promoted concurrently by disperate groups; some more powerful, some less. That's my theory, anyway.

S

• sf
    sf

"You think they could have prevented it."

Prevention wasn't what They WERE Thinking. (imo)

sKally, wwwklass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit