Outside broadcast...

by Simon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Guess where I am?
    I've posted this dunig the WatchTower study at the hall using a mobile phone and a pocket pc - only a few strange looks from the people sat near.
    I'll be glad when its time to go home - its' as boring as ever !

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Hey, Simon, that's really neat! I guess it won't be too long now before we get something in the KM about not bringing pc's into the hall!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Uh, Simon,

Why are you in the KH?

waiting

• nelly
    nelly

oh cool, so if we reply the phone goes off in ya pocket louder than
    your average crinkly sweetie wrapper and you get took out to the toilet to make you behave,
    think I'll turn my speakers off now before you decide to surround sound us with kingdom songs during the interval ;-)
    luv deb x

• TR
    TR

Really cool, Simon.

You are the official KH reporter. How many parents are in the back room spanking their kids? How many are dosing off? Any df announcements?(I guess that would be from the ministry school meeting)
    Any young unmarrieds of the opposite sex sitting together creating stares and gossip? How many JW's didn't make it to the meeting today? Small or large attendance?

Tom

• AhHah
    AhHah

Simon,

I also couldn't help wondering what you were doing in the KH. But, as long as you are there, why not bring a web cam and do a live broadcast -- then we could all watch and shout out all the things we've been wanting to say at a meeting! Could you patch us (and our comments) into the PA system there? It might not be too hard if they use wireless mikes!

• Simon
    Simon

I just went with my Dad who's over from Canada to give hime some moral support. I have no real interest there other than to say 'Hi' to some old friends and to annoy my brother in law (just turning up starts the vein in his balding head throbing...)
    There are some real possibilities here I think - some kind of web-broadcast of a meeting or assembly would be kind of neat. I do have a laptop, a portable web-cam and a mobile phone...they're just a bit big though. I'll have to wait for a camera for my pocket I think.
    Just having internet access during the WatchTower really makes things more interesting - it was definitely the most interesting one I can remember. Great visiting http://www.freeminds.org etc... behind the elders back - literally!

• Angharad
    Angharad

TR

Thats exactly why I didn't go - trying to make two kids (aged 1 and 3) sit still and be quiet for 2 hours, not my idea of fun!

Edited by - angharad on 29 October 2000 15:18:24

• AhHah
    AhHah

Simon,

We may have to start calling you Simon Templar (although I kind of liked Simon Says)! Did you ever watch "The Saint", an old TV series starring England's own Roger Moore? That was before he became Bond, James Bond.

p.s. What is the latest on how to post a web link here? Did I tell Waiting right?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Simon, who cares if the web cam is too big. I think it would be quite interesting if you were to start bustling around with cameras and wires and stuff. Should get some good reactions, don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit