Walking with God-What does it look like in your life?

by Connections 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Connections
    Connections

Hello all,

I have a question that I’ve been wondering about for a while and wanted to ask you all. From your personal experience, c an you tell me what, in your life or the life of a loved one close to you, what happens when you/he/she are “walking closely with God”? I mean, what does it look like for you and them? In other words, if I met you or them on the street and you were "walking closely with God" what would I observe? What is happening internally and externally? What would I see in your actions? Behaviors? Relationships? Conduct? More prayer? Fasting? Fellowship? Etc. Please do not limit you answers those above but add anything that you can note from your own experiences. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Connections

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome Connections!

• Connections
    Connections

Thanks for the welcome Swan.

• Connections
    Connections

Is there a way to change the view on this forum? I would like to see replies linearly not have to click on each post. Is that possible?

Thank you,

Connect

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Connections, I think that people that walk with God or a higher power have hope and faith. I noticed that after I became a witless, I lost that hope and faith. When you see a person that really believes in God, they feel that they can overcome anything; and if they don't make it here, they're going to make it to heaven because of Jesus' ransom sacrifice. It seems like their lives have purpose.

I guess in a nutshell walking with God gives people HOPE, FAITH, and PURPOSE. They, truly, believe that God won't put more on you than you can bear. I think that's powerful stuff! It's amazing how that trust can make people overcome or deal with stresses (sometimes even catostrophic events) of daily life. And by walking with God, they believe that they should imitate his glory and kindness.

My brain is tired, so I'm running out of words to express my thoughts.

Hope, faith, and purpose.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi connections, and welcome to the board.

You ask an interesting question. I used to feel I was walking with god when I was a zealous, dedicated jw, but I wouldn't imagine anyone would have deduced that from my appearance, though they would no doubt have concluded that I was involved in a religion if they observed me going from door to door on my ministry.

The feeling of walking with god is mainly internal, the feeling of doing the things he requires of you. This of course is reflected in a persons speech and actions, which are external and can be observed by others, but people can do things for show, so just saying and doing the right things in public wouldn't necessarily mean one was totally walking with god. Only that person would know his /her true motives, and whether or not they truly felt they were living in harmony with what they percieve as gods requirements or not.

I hope this helps

Linda

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome connections!

I agree with MsMcD's & FODN's comments. I'd also add that a person surrenders to God, and wants to serve Him regardless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit