Of all the places to see a dub (kinda funny)

by DanTheMan 10 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My nephew attends a school that is operated by and attached to a large fundy church (BOO!). This year he made it onto the school's soccer team (YAY!) and as circumstances would have it I had to pick him up after practice tonight (INDIFFERENT!)

So I'm snakin' around the parking lot, waiting for his practice to wrap up, and then all of the sudden, coming at me from the opposite direction is a car who's driver is a pioneer from a congregation I used to attend. In fact, she's a STARK RAVING MAD ZEALOUS pioneer that I had a gigantic crush on back in the day, as she is just a bold smiling happy true believer 24/7 and I was completely smitten with that. I didn't get a good look at the passenger. But the driver (Lisa), she definitely saw me, and I saw the flash or recognition on her face. Knowing Lisa I imagine that the passenger was a pioneer also and that they were doing some early evening witnessing, and Lisa is just the type to park her car at a church and get out and just start going up to whoever is around offering magazines and whatever else without feeling the slightest hesitation. The truest of true believers, she. I can't imagine any other reason why she would have been there.

But it just annoys me so damn much, of all the places to be spotted by JW's whom I never see otherwise because I don't live or work in that part of Columbus-land, it has to be in a stoooopid fundy church parking lot. So you can imagine what the gossip will be, DANTHEMAN'S A FUNDY!!!! HE GOES TO THAT FUNDY CHURCH!!!

*sigh*

• serendipity
    serendipity

Too bad you didn't talk to her, asking if she attended the church.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is something that is really quite humorous, if you look at it from the right angle.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***DANTHEMAN'S A FUNDY!!!! HE GOES TO THAT FUNDY CHURCH!!!***
    I know how you feel, Dan. It's exasperating that your most innocent actions are perceived as sinful by JWs.
    I've never heard a JW give an exJW the benefit of the doubt. They ALWAYS put the worst possible interpretation on any given situation that involves the exJW.
    Examples of this happen often on this board when someone writes in demanding to know why posters here keep "bashing" the WTS. They assume the posters here are simply malcontents trying to stir up trouble for no good reason.
    I live a modest, conservative life, but my JW parents invariably attribute sinister motivations to almost everything I do. It's a source of deep disappointment for me that they have almost never given me credit for the positive things that happen in my life.

• Grouper
    Grouper

I saw a Dub at a Strip Club once and she gave me a lap dance. She did not rememeber me but it was her. Her uncle later comfirmed she did work there.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

What would she, as a pioneer, possibly have to offer others at that Church? She must be delusional if she thinks she's going to "hook" someone with JW propaganda.

Too bad you didn't talk to her, asking if she attended the church.

Now THAT would have been funny.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Grouper, you saw a Dub at working in a strip club????

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I find myself in agreement with FHN. Next time you see em why dont you just walk up and start praising the lord to them and some such thing .

• Grouper
    Grouper

Grouper, you saw a Dub at working in a strip club???? Yes and she was quite hot

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dan you could have some fun with this

call her elders, say you were picking up the kid and saw the pioneer at the fundy church and felt compelled to report her church going activity to the elders to protect the congregation lol..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit