Got any quick 1914 / 607 points?

by drew sagan 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Here is a quick point to a long point that answers how can we be sure about the 7 gentile times and what they mean?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/118775/1.ashx

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello again Drew,

I thought I would also send you this.. it may help when talking with your friend.

L.L.

Hello everyone!!

Check out Jeremiah 52:30 in the New World Translation, it says:

In the eighteenth year of Neb·u·chad·rez´zar, from Jerusalem there were eight hundred and thirty-two souls.

In the twenty-third year of Neb·u·chad·rez´zar, Neb·u´zar·ad´an the chief of the bodyguard took Jews into exile, seven hundred and forty-five souls.

All the souls were four thousand and six hundred.

What this shows is the Societys teaching that Jerusalem was desolate, is not supported by scripture. It was NOT literal. It was in Nebuchadnezzars 18th reignal year that he burned down Jerusalem. According to the Society, he took everyone then and there, and it was totally desolate! How then is Nebuchadnezzar still taking people a total of 4,600 to be exact, from a place that is supposed to be uninhabited??? I was just shocked.. this scripture just finally sunk in when my Mom was hsaring it with me today!! You don't even have to get into the whole date part, to show a JW that the whole "desolate for 70 years" had to have meant something else, like say, 70 years of SERVITUDE!

Anyhow, Just thought I'd share what was shared with me!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit