Which song would you like to hear?

by foreword 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• foreword
    foreword

Hi, haven't been here for a while, don't have the internet anymore...only at the library. I'll be back in a few days.

I've been a musician most of my life but recently decided to go vocal and acoustic guitar only... for a while anyway. It's something I need to do as a learning experience. (since most of the time someone else was doing the singing.) I've got a decent voice, I just need to practice. I've already had a few gigs and some positive comments. Right now most of the stuff I do is from the 70's,

But I need songs, something with a beat (can't sing lullabies all the time...lol )

So my question is....

If you went to see some guy singing with an acoustic, what are some of the songs you would like to hear?

thanks.....mark

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

try some counting crows

• parakeet
    parakeet

"Smelly Cat"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'm a Carole King fan myself. I suppose it depends on the audience, but I know my bf would pay to see someone do country blues/rock well. He is a fan of people like Dav Alvin and Peter Case, who I'd never heard of until recently, but quite like now.

Good luck with whatever you end up playing.

• deeskis
    deeskis

A lot of foo fighters songs sound great "done down" - try times like these.

Best wishes

D

• foreword
    foreword

Hey thanks, I'll try to find copies so I can listen. Keep me in mind if you hear or think of anything else.

mark

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit