ikea more printed issues then the bible

by DannyBloem 3 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Something for wachting the world

From the news paper:

De Ikea-catalogus verschijnt dit jaar in een oplage van 175 miljoen stuks - in 35 landen en 27 talen. Alleen al in Nederland krijgen 6,1 miljoen huishoudens het boekwerk thuisbezorgd. Hoeveel exemplaren er jaarlijks van de Bijbel worden verspreid, is niet met zekerheid te zeggen. Schattingen lopen uiteen van 50 tot 100 miljoen. In elk geval zijn het er flink minder dan de Ikea-catalogus, waarvan de oplage bovendien elk jaar gestaag groeit.

The ikea catalog has been been printed this year, with about 175 miljoen issues, in 35 countries and 27 languages. ... The number of printed issues each year of the bible are not exactly known. Estimations are between 50 to 100 milion. This is far less the the latest ikea catalog, which also grows each year considerably.

Danny

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Got to love that Ikea!

Now more fun with [brackets]...

"And this good news [great prices on swedish furniture] will be preached in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the nations and then the end [of the huge summer sale] will come.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love Ikea. Where I used to live (Oakland, Ca) there were 3 close by (Emeryville, East Palo Alto, Pleasanton). Hell there's even one in Sacramento. But does Indianapolis have one? Noooooo! I guess there aren't enough people here to warrant one. I have to go way up to Chicago (3 hours away) just to shop at Ikea (it's so much better to go than shop by catalog) and they just got a second one up there!

Josie

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Now more fun with [brackets]...

"And this good news [great prices on swedish furniture] will be preached in all the inhabited earth, for a witness to all the nations and then the end [of the huge summer sale] will come.

I really hate those brackets. Wow WTS, was making your own bible not enough? What, is there going to be a 2006 edition of the NWT with all those crazy brackets in there? It's absolutely out of control.

On the other hand, Ikea is great. Long live furniture that I can't pronounce. More importantly, long live their cheap-as-dirt cafeteria!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit