FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE vs GOVERNING BODY

by plmkrzy 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I knew they printed a WT study article a while back undermining themselves in preparation for some more light. I found it. However the links no longer work so unfortunately I can't post the entire article but only what was copied and pasted. Thankful to garybuss and elsewhere for doing that in the thread.

Re: What does this WT Study Article mean to you???????

12 Anointed Christians are absolutely sure that they have the heavenly calling. But what if some individuals who lack this call have been partaking of the Memorial emblems? Now aware that they never had the heavenly hope, surely their conscience will compel them to sop partaking. God would not look with favor upon anyone representing himself as a person called to be a heavenly king and priest when he knew that he really did not have such a calling. Jehovah executed the Levite Korah for presumptuously seeking the Aaronic priesthood. If any Christian comes to realize that he has wrongly partaken of the Memorial emblems, he or she should stop partaking and humbly pray for Jehovah’s forgiveness.

13 The death of a mate or some other tragedy might cause them to lose interest in life on hearth. Or they might desire the same destiny as a close friend who professes to be an anointed Christian.

14 The false religious idea that all good people go to heaven might lead some to think that they have the heavenly calling. For instance, some might ask themselves: “Do I use medications that affect my emotions?” Am I inclined to have deep emotions that I could misjudge?”

15 A few might ask themselves: “Do I want to be prominent? Am I ambitious for authority now or as a future joint heir with Christ?”

16 Some may have concluded that they have the heavenly calling because they have acquired considerable Bible knowledge. But spirit anointing does not bring extraordinary understanding, for Paul had to instruct and counsel certain anointed ones. (1 Corinthians 3:1-3; Hebrews 5:11-14) God has an arrangement for providing spiritual food for all his people. (Matthew 24:45-47) So nobody should think that being an anointed Christian gives him wisdom superior to that of those having the earthly hope. Spirit anointing is not indicated by proficiency in answering Scriptural questions, witnessing, or giving Bible talks. Christians with the earthly hope also do well in these respects.

(The Watchtower Feb 15, 2003 p. 20-21)

garybuss

Hahahaha I love this one! How do Witnesses apply this to Governing Body members? Hahahaha

• plmkrzy
  • Sasha
    Sasha

Oh, my gosh! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!! Tall Penguin, take a look at this. Lady Lee, I have my answer! I feel like I have been duped. Feel vindicated for the halting of my studys with the JW now,(sort of) There is always that little doubt in the back of my mind towards the organization. Every thing I have studied since 1970 has always sounded like the truth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am glad your curiosity was satisfied, sasha. Here's a simple question for your study, if she ever questions why you are cutting her off. "How are the WOMEN anointed consulted?". You can guess the answer. They are not.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Sasha

:Oh, my gosh! This is exactly what I was looking for!!!!

cool

• greendawn
    greendawn

The FDS class does not exist except in name only, that's why when we refer to the FDS we really refer to the GB because in practice they are the FDS. As for the claim: "in the first century, a group of anointed Christians from among the faithful and discreet slave class were chosen as its representatives. As such, they did not consult with all anointed elders in the world before making decisions. From their position in the Jerusalem congregation, they served as a governing body for the entire anointed Christian congregation." these are very devious words: who chose this GB? where do we see that they had universal authority? what happened after the destruction of jerusalem? These are questions they can never answer. The top authority were the apostles chosen by the Holy Spirit.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    a group of anointed Christians from among the faithful and discreet slave class were chosen as its representatives.

That always cracked me up because they would have had their own personal Holy Spirit separate from the rest. That would leave what...143,99_? using Gods Holy Spirit and them using Gods Other Holy Spirit. There wasn't even 12 was there?

• Liberty
    Liberty

I brought up this glaring inconsistancy a few years ago and found that the younger JWs (those who came in after the 1980's) did not have this as a core belief at all. It was as if they had never heard of it. Back in my day (late 1960's through late 70's) it was clear to me that we were taught that the whole of the Remnent of the 144,000 left alive on earth transmitted direction from big J to the Watchtower Society through some mystical channel.

I think this was even invented by Fred Franz himself for consumption by the Rank & File while it is now clear he never believed it himself seeing how he had been around to know that the Russel, Rutherford, Knorr/Franz, leaderships were wholey dictitorial with all power to make up doctrine always in the hands of one or two men until his own contradictory writings made the Governing Body more powerful at the very end of Knorr's reign (which Franz fought like crazy to avoid). To this very day the vast majority of the JW belief system still comes from ravings of Fred Franz.

• M.J.
    M.J.

As Moomin mentioned on another thread, the Faithful and Discreet Slave is actually kept in the basement in Bethel. They have to keep him chained up though since he's a bit big, clumsy,...and "unfortunate looking" to be running around on the loose.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    For instance, some might ask themselves: ?Do I use medications that affect my emotions??

Ha! In other words, "is your heavenly hope drug induced?"

Sooner or later they'll have to do away with this one in favor of Christ coming back and identifying the organization itself as the FDS, de-emphasizing the FDS being a "class".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit