A JW kid that I knew is now in the insane assylum

by headmath 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• headmath
    headmath

I just can't believe all the trouble witness kida are having lately in my area( (Vancouver B.C)

3 years ago a witness kid (18 years old) jumped off a bridge to his death.

The latest news from the JW grapevine is that a JW kid that I knew (he is now 20) is in the insane assylum. It seems he was found swimming towards bethel from Vancouver (he left a note) This was at least a 1000 miles away and he never would have made it. When the authorities hauled him in, he claimed that he was god. Yes folks, the poor boy snapped and he is now a certifiable lunatic.. The kid was born into a JW family and I guess the dysfunction of the JW cult caused him to go mad. The kid seemed to be normal until recently

It is not suprising, the GB thinks it is god so what is the difference?

• KW13
    KW13

very very sad, this is the damage this cult does.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Oh, that is so sad.

Honestly, this doesn't surprise me!! I found myself to be going mad, too, and I sought therapy against their advise.

I'm glad they were able to rescue him and take him out of that environment. He obviously needs the help. Gosh, I hope he'll get support outside of his family somehow.

• KW13
    KW13

i've never admitted this to anyone

there was a time when i seriously thought i had gone mad, i was hearing voices and all sorts...i was also considering suicide

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

KW-I'm convinced they bring that crazyiness on. No one else has ever owned my mental stabilty except them.

• restrangled
    restrangled

This is so terribly sad. I remember trying to kill my self at age 12, filled with grief because I was so miserable at school, in the KH and at home.

There was no pleasing anyone.

R

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    the dysfunction of the JW cult caused him to go mad. The kid seemed to be normal until recently
    I'm convinced they bring that crazyiness on. No one else has ever owned my mental stabilty except them.

Look guys, it's one thing to claim that a high-control religious group left you severely depressed and anti-social. But claiming that the religion CAUSES INSANITY to the degree that one needs to be institutionalised, is ludicrous! If the company of JWs was that deleterious, why haven't most members been put in a mental institution yet? Have you even contemplated that genetic factors may have predisposed this individual to mental illness?

INQ

• sspo
    sspo

There is more jw's on prozac than the general population,

In one congr. I was in,one of the elder tolm me that 50% of the friends were taking something for mental sickness

• Arthur
    Arthur
    3 years ago a witness kid (18 years old) jumped off a bridge to his death.

When I saw this, it stabbed at me. This is something that I came very close to doing several times when I was a Witness. It is truly amazing that I am still alive today.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    the GB thinks it is god so what is the difference?

The difference is that they are already in bethel, so they don't need to swim. Seriously though, yeah, the poor kid, and all the other poor kids who have to suffer under wt psychic abuse.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit