Jw's or Muslim's whats the difference?

by DannyBear 19 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

I have read much discussion about understanding the fanatic Muslim terrorists reason's for this attack. Even suggesting that they have a legitimate basis for their hatred of the United States. Even a call for more tolerance toward, this sect of hatred.

Yet these same individuals make it very clear that they cannot tolerate Jehovah's Witnesses. What? How can you reconcile researching, revealing, and exposing the lies and fanaticism of Jehovah's Witnesses, yet call for caution and reasonablness when confronted with the Muslim 'in your face, murderous, lying animals, who just wreaked havoc on our nation and community?

Why are we not, shouting from the roof tops the insanity of this religion? Why arn't we calling for the early demise, of the 'governing body' of this hideous religion? Are they above the same derision, we have for the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?

I ask you, whats the difference?

DannyBear

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Dan,

>>"Why are we not, shouting from the roof tops the insanity of this religion? Why arn't we calling for the early demise, of the 'governing body' of this hideous religion? Are they above the same derision, we have for the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society?"

I ask you, whats the difference?"<<

Ahhh the way the wind blows?

HCM

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ah or the 'light' shines?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

DannyBear,

You answer your own question:

How can you reconcile researching, revealing, and exposing the lies and fanaticism of Jehovah's Witnesses, yet call for caution and reasonablness when confronted with the Muslim 'in your face, murderous, lying animals, who just wreaked havoc on our nation and community? [Bolding mine.]

I don't think I've ever seen anyone here call for bombing all Jehovah's Witnesses or their training camp in Brooklyn because we understand that fanatical thinking is at the root of this problem.

Separated from their warped religious thinking, most Jehovah's Witnesses are good people. Their humanity often shines through despite their indoctrination.

Do many Jehovah's Witnesses hope for the death of those they consider "wicked," Satanic, their enemies? Certainly. Would I consider most individual JWs "lying, murderous animals"? No.

It is also helpful to remember that religious indoctrination runs along a continuum. Some indoctrination is more extreme. I thought another poster put it well: "These terrorists no more represent all believers in Islam than the Ku Klux Klan represents all believers in Christianity."

In our own way, many of us on this board are shouting from the rooftops about the insanity of the Jehovah's Witness religion. To kill the Governing Body would be ineffective--it would make them martyrs. The "persecution" would be yet another sign of God's favor.

I view religious organizations like this as I would a person who is insane. Such an organization must be strait-jacketed to prevent harm to itself and others. At the same time, by exposing the lies and fanatical thinking, we take away its primary weapon and means of spiritual terrorism.

The most terrible of all the moral paradoxes, the Gordian knot that must be unraveled if history is to continue, is that we create evil out of our highest ideals and most noble aspirations. We so need to be heroic, to be on the side of God, to eliminate evil, to clean up the world, to be victorious over death, that we visit destruction and death on all who stand in the way of our heroic historical destiny. We scapegoat and create absolute enemies, not because we are intrinsically cruel, but because focusing our anger on an outside target, striking at strangers, brings our tribe or nation together and allows us to be part of a close and loving in-group. We create surplus evil because we need to belong. . . .

If we desire peace, each of us must begin to demythologize the enemy; . . ."

from "The Enemy Maker" by Sam Keen, an essay in Meeting the Shadow

Ginny

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

DannyBear,

Perhaps you do not intend it so, but every time you refer to Muslims as animals, I think of this passage from Sam Keen's The Passionate Life. It is from a chapter called "The Perversity of Normality" and under a heading called "Consensual Paranoia: The Tribe versus the Enemy."

It may be that one of the earliest human inventions was the image of an enemy. And shortly after that came weapons, for killing. Typically, propaganda changes the enemy from a human being into a demon, an incarnation of evil, a stain that must be wiped from the earth. The human face, which might have been loved, is changed into a loathsome thing, an animal. The Jap becomes an ape, the Nazi a blond beast, the American a capitalist pig, the communist an atheist, the Jew a vermin. By contrast, the majority of names tribes have invented for themselves mean simply "the people," man or human. The Carib of South America, for instance, say, "We alone are people."

Ginny

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Ginny,

Thanks for your comments.

Each of these religion's spew out 'filth' in the form of spiritual guidance, espousing a way of life that inspires deep hatred for other's of different persuasion's.

Allah will get you for being an 'Infidel'. Jehovah will get you unless you are a 'baptised jw'. Allah will not listen to your prayer's unless you bow to the east. Jehovah will not listen to your prayer's unless you recognize his 'spirit annointed organization' or more simply put, rely on the Brooklyn gang of 17, 16, 15, or however many 'Ben' Governor's are living today. Your eyes and ears better be turned toward that New York body, anytime you have decision, more troublesome than taking a piss. Even then you better not play with your play, diddle, or twang around with your private parts, beyond the GB's definition of what is masterbation and what is cleanliness!

So to me the argument that most Jw's are good people, doesn't change one iota the evilness of their beliefs. Even those bastard's who flew the airliner's into the WTC, had relatives, who may have consiedered them 'good' or even 'righteous'...so what...should that change our opinion of their intrinsic evil? Evil is evil, no matter how many times these fanatics, kissed their mother's and daughter's goodbye.

I understand your worldly, inclusive view Ginny, it just that so many want to point to the goodness, when the EVIL and the duplicity of these rancid cult religions, only serve to destroy any real goodness their adherents may have by just being of humankind.

Cultic, fanatic religion is no shadowy invented enemy, it is real and palpable, as we have so clearly seen this week.

Danny

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

To blame Islam for extreme fundamentalists is like blaming Christianity for the KKK. I know that it is a personal failing of mine to blanket people underneath their religion, and it's something I work on. I try to remind myself that beneath every generalisation is a single person who is just the same as me.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

DannyBear,

Cultic, fanatic religion is no shadowy invented enemy, it is real and palpable, as we have so clearly seen this week.

I agree. It is so easy to forget that a way of thinking is the enemy, not necessarily the people themselves.

Thoughts can be changed. All of us here are proof of that.

That is why I urge surgical precision as far as that is possible.

Ginny

• Introspection
    Introspection

Does anyone actually know the tenets of Islam? I mean what do they actually believe? Not certain sects, but like the basic premises they would agree on.

• Julie
    Julie

After going around with a couple of fundies lately I would have to say you could broaden your compariso to Christians and Muslims, not just JW's. You no doubt think this is extreme but stop for a moment. Yes many Christians are mild, gentle folk, granted, there are Muslims like this too.

Both religions are open to interpretation though and therein lies the similarity. I have had Rex and Shelby both explain to me how horrible violence in the bible is completely justifiable and I think we should all be honest enough to admit there are countless others who share their views. Do you not think that if they considered themselves as "doing God's will" they would do the same thing as the Muslim extremists? You bet they would.

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit