More Bad Association for you....lol

by doublelifer 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• doublelifer
    doublelifer

Hi!

Hope I am posting this in the right place. So glad to have found you all. Wow, I am speechless just reading these threads. So many things exactly as I remember them.

I am from a suburb of Chicago, also lived in Oregon for a few years. Now back to Chicagoland. Was born a JW and my dad was an elder. Mom was the usual puppet wife of the elder. I never got DA or DF'd...I really don't know why. But, I have had the pleasure of explaining how and why I made out with a boy when I was 16 years old to a group of 3 grown men. I haven't stepped foot in a KH since my 18th birthday. I never plan to either.

From an early age, going to meetings was pretty much torture to me. I hated every moment of it.Couldn't wait to get up during break and "go to the bathroom" I always led a double life. The way I was raised has affected me so much in my adult life. The funny thing is, I am just starting to realize it now. Maybe I have blocked it out all this time.

Well, I don't want to get into a whole novel about myself, I am sure we all have our stories......I look forward to chatting with you all.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome doublelifer glad to have you here!

We are all so unique in our own ways yet our stories are so much alike, you sound like me waaay long time ago in the olden days.....sigh. I think I was queen of double-lifing back then!

Look forward to hearing more from you!

• sspo
    sspo

welcome and i hope you will make many new feinds on this board

• calico
    calico

Welcome

• dobbie
    dobbie

hi and welcome doublelifer!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome doublelifer ... we can speak the truth as we see it here . We look forward to hearing more of your story.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I always led a double life. The way I was raised has affected me so much in my adult life. The funny thing is, I am just starting to realize it now. Maybe I have blocked it out all this time.

Hmmmm, sounds familiar

You're not in Kansas anymore,...;-)

Welcome

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi and WELCOME!!..... btw, I like your name... has an aire about it, don't you think ,,,,,,,,,

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hello, WELCOME!!! Being forced to explain to 3 grown men something that one does as a young teenager is probably some kind of child abuse. Does it strike anyone as being a very perverse form of voyerism on their part? And adults who tolerate it-what does it say about them?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome doublelifer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit