Trouble crying!

by jonno_oxford 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jonno_oxford
    jonno_oxford

Hi, i'm new here. Ive been lurking for a while now. I've been about 8 years outta 'the Truth'

Does anyone out there have trouble showing their emotions? I'm not sure if its the JWs to blame or just me!

I just found out that my Mother has breast cancer and that my partner has skin cancer, so a double whammy. Needless to say i'm feeling rather low.

I managed to cry about half an hour ago. Not cried since i left the Borg!

Am i alone in not being able to show emotion?

Jonno

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Am i alone in not being able to show emotion?

Yer not alone. I dont blame the WTS. Dont know if its good or bad. Its just the way I are. Welcome.

• juni
    juni

Welcome Jonno to the board.

You probably just kept it all pent up. Perhaps you were taught that "real men" don't cry? Everyone is different.

It's good though that you did cry. It really helps you physically and emotionally to have a good cry once in awhile.

Juni

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome jonno!

I'm sorry about the distress in your life & for your loved ones. I too agree that people have varying levels of emotion. As long as you feel some sadness at distressing news, I wouldn't worry too much about the tears.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Welcome to the forum

I have removed the duplicate thread off the forum so all your answers will be in the same place

Believe me you aren't alone in having a hard time connecting with your feelings. Groups like the JW tell people they are "happy". Sadness, grief, anger, frustration, feeling like you are alone or different are common in people who are still in and in those who have left.

It will take a while for you to connect with those feelings and then to find healthy ways to express them. But that is OK. There is no rush. it helps to have a support system to check out what is normal and what might require greater attention.

The good news is that you have come to a place where there are many to support your new growth and discoveries.

You might want to take a look at

The Best of... Recovery threads and

The best of.... JanG - Recovery info

Lee

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome,
    I couldn't force a tear for anything or anyone for about 10 years.

Then one day a couple years ago, it all came out and I couldn't stop it.

I decided at that moment to find out why. Shortly thereafter, I met Lee.

And began to slay some dragons spawned from the depths of growing up dub

• poppers
    poppers

Hello, and welcome. Were you raised in "the truth"? That might have something to do with it if you were.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Jonno,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you are going through so much right now. Hang in there. No doubt you are holding in your emotions to be strong for those who need you to be strong. Your emotion may come later, when they are stronger.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

I cried my eyes out after filling my last tank of gas in my car!

Outaservice

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome jonno.

I think you will start to get in touch with your emotions again - recognising the problem is sometimes half the battle. Dont worry about it and dont push it. Its not wrong to feel no emotion if they are not there. Its only a problem if they are there and supressed.

I hope you find a way to deal with all the saddness in your life so that it doesnt damage yourself.

(Did you know a family with one son called Grenville Hague? Hes my best friends ex husband and hes from Oxford. Long shot I know, but his dad was an elder so you might have heard of them)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit