V for Vendetta-similarities in the government and WTBTS?

by gaiagirl 14 Replies latest social entertainment

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Just saw the movie V for Vendetta, about a totalitarian government in the near-future England. Somehow it reminded me of the WTBTS, in that whenever something happened, they would have the media "spin" it to cast events in the best light for the government, and the worst for whoever else might be involved. Anyone opposed to the government was automatically a criminal, terrorist, etc. Anyone else see it?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i havent seen it yet but its on my list of movies to see...that and one called Aeon Flux.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Don't we have a guy named V on this board? What is he waiting for?? Go bomb Brooklyn!!

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Funny, we just got done watching that movie.

There were definitely some similarities. Although it might be more telling about a current world leader and the status and desires of that political party.

A leader that works his own atonement out through his presidency.
    A leader that is solely focused on his goals with little or no regard for political process. (although the leader I am thinking of is starting to come around a little bit - perhaps in appearances only - but who knows.)

-ithinkisee

• V
    V

Vie for victory via this veiled vanguard, yet veto the vivification of violence on this vampiric varlet. Our enemy's vulgarity is vurneable to the volley of vociferation.

Verily, V

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I agree with 'ithinkisee'...I saw the move when a while ago and loved it but rather than the WTS I saw a parallel of government and future world. sammieswife.

• Purza
    Purza
    Although it might be more telling about a current world leader and the status and desires of that political party.

This is what I thought too when I saw the movie. The JW lifestyle didn't even enter my head while watching the movie. We definitely thought the two brothers who made the movie wanted to comment on the political agenda of the current administration.

Purza

• roybatty
    roybatty

Vie for victory via this veiled vanguard, yet veto the vivification of violence on this vampiric varlet. Our enemy's vulgarity is vurneable to the volley of vociferation.

Verily, V

:) good one

• VM44
    VM44

George Orwell's 1984 and Animal Farm are two novels that REALLY contain aspects that remind people of The Watchtower Society! --VM44

• karnage
    karnage

I saw the movie and I thought that it reminded more about the current line of events here in the United States than anything about the WTBS. It was surely one of the best movies that I have seen all year!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit