I love my saturdays......

by freedomlover 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I got my first minimum wage job,at a local factory, but still lived at home, I used to volunteer to work overtime on Saturday, just to avoid field service! After I got an apartment, my room mate actually had to teach me what normal people do on Saturdays. I felt like a tourist in a foreign country, learning new customs! Now I know why people look forward so much to Friday nights and their weekends.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What is 4160 lost saturdays when compared to the real life that awaits??

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I know what you mean, I love the weekends now too. So much more relaxing and enjoyable when you can do something that you want to do. Sometimes when I'm stressed out or whatever my husband will come up behind me and say, "hey relax, it's not like we have to get ready for the meeting or anything." then we just laugh. It's then that I realize, yeah- nothing is really that bad...

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

the worst was having saturday morning bookstudy in your livingroom b4 feild service.
    ah...the good ole' days.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Sailor wrote: ... as much Big Red Sodie Water as we can stand.

Anybody know what Big Red Sodie Water is? I've never heard of it...

Saturday: Slept in. Went and got a massage then to breakfast. Little bit of housework and maybe a movie tonight.

Sunday: Sleep in. Then a few friends are coming over (one is ex-jw) for mimosas and to take me to brunch for my birthday. From there we will go play a little golf.

It's a lovely weekend and I'm thrilled to not feel guilty anymore about skipping out on meetings (like I did for almost 13 years as a walk-away believer) Hallelujah!!

-Aude.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

My definition: yummy, creamy red, effervescent (thus the soda part) "cola" drank predominantly in the South but only with BBQ and jalapenos! You’ve got to have some the next time you’re in Republico de Tejas eating BBQ.

Official Definition from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Red_(drink)

Big Red is a soft drink that was created by Grover C. Thomsen in Waco, Texas (1937). It is generally considered to be one of many American varieties of cream soda, and is the original "red cream soda". The drink is highly popular in the Southern United States and is well known for its unique taste and red color. Its taste, though often mistaken for being a mixture of strawberry and bubblegum flavorings is actually created by mixing orange and lemon oils with the traditional vanilla used in other cream sodas. It is produced and distributed by Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. under license from Big Red, Ltd., based in Waco, Texas. Several other red drinks have tried to gain market but have frequently failed to gain the same popularity as Big Red.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit