Witnesses Now for Jesus Convention (October 20-October 22, 2006)

by reneeisorym 18 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

You wrote: "A Former JW who went back to the begining -Judaism"I'd love to hear your story.
    Joan was one of the first ex-Witnesses to help me when I started to contact former Witnesses after January 1995. I met with, ate with, and appreciated Joan and other Christian members of the former Jehovah's Witness experience. I might not have made it without them. My thanks to them all!
    If I was closer and not work encumbered right now, I'd love to go associate with them. I know I learned more from them than they ever knew and I had a lot of laughs.
    If anyone knows Melvin Russell, please pass on my greetings. I hope he's well and happy. He gave the single best presentation of any former Witness anywhere, ever. One funny guy!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I'll be there, Lord willing.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I have never heard of this group. What's it about? What do they beleive and do? How many, etc?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It's not a "group", it's a conference, mainly made up of Christian ex-JW's and people in ministry to JW's, though anyone is welcome. It's free to attend, and a very good time, with a distinctly Christian atmosphere.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

As to what "they" believe, there are all sorts of people there, Christians from many denominations, non-religious people, and occasionally even an active JW who wants to investigate the organization. Attendance usually runs in the 200-300 range. It's held for 3 days every October at a gorgeous retreat in the Pocono mountains in PA.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have been to the WNFJ conference for the past 2 years,I wont be able to go this year due to financial and other reasons. I really enjoyed it, and last year I spoke for an hour and gave my testimony, it is titled "No way out". I always enjoy hearing other people's experiences in the Watchtower Cult. It is a 3 day conference and I would recommend it to anyone who is trying to break free from the Watchtower. They also have booths set up there in the foyer with all kinds of materials related to the WT. You can find videos,pamphlets,and books there that are useful in exposing the WT. Also you can talk with people who are working hard to expose the WT and hear their plans and experiences. Dave

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I've never been but it sounded like a great opportunity ... and I have to admit that there's something appealing about being in the mountains in PA in October :) Renee

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You should have said it wasen`t a JW event!!..LOL!!..I never knew of such a convention...OUTLAW

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

When have you ever heard JWs witnessing for JESUS?? LOL.... I don't remember hearing very much about Jesus at all while in the borg. It was always Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah... I think I would puke at this point if I went anywhere near a JW convention. The church I go to sits on a hill and you can see the convention center from the back parking lot. I almost got sick when the convention was in town and I had to see those badges at our restaurants. Renee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit