When did the Kingdom Arrive?

by acadian 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• acadian
    acadian

I was looking at some scriptures and these popped out at me concerning 1914. I'm not saying one way or another what it means, because I really don't know, have these scriptures been considered before? Here they are... This is at the Last Supper, Jesus talks about He will eat and drink with the apostles in the Kingdom of God:

And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer: For I say unto you, I will not any more eat thereof, until it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, UNTIL THE KINGDOM OF GOD SHALL COME.(Luke 22:15-18). Also see Mark 9:1. Now consider these verses...

This is after Jesus rose from the dead...

Jesus saith unto them, Come and dine. And none of the disciples durst ask him, Who art thou? knowing that it was the Lord. Jesus then cometh, and taketh bread, and giveth them, and fish likewise. This is now the third time that Jesus shewed himself to his disciples, after that he was risen from dead. John 21:12-14

And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did EAT AND DRINK WITH HIM after he rose from the dead. (Acts 10:39-41)

how do these scriptures work with 1914? Any thoughts?

To me it looks like the kingdom started a long time ago, in 33 CE/AD

Acadian

• sspo
    sspo

That's apostate thinking

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

That wasn't really Jesus

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

acadian, I think it also came in 33 C.E. That was also the beginning of the last days for the early Christians.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

acadian....the statement about not eating was apparently not assigned to Jesus in other traditions. Check out:I won't eat or drink

Whether it simply implied a nearness of the Kingdom or as speculated by some scholars, a vow to fast until a military campaign was complete, (used in this way by Zealots in Acts 23:12 story) is difficult to say.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Kingdom came in a sense, sort of. The first coming was figurative of the next coming which was the anti-type of the atypical coming. The coming was actually a "presence" not a coming and the coming was a progressive coming, invisible, just like the judging and the sheep and the goats. The events that seem to fulfill the scriptures actually only "picture" the future event.
    We only know a little about the Bible code and we know 1914 was important because Rutherford was put in prison in 1918 and the reason he was in prison was because it showed he had Jehovah's blessing.
    Since the things Jesus predicted have not happened yet, they "must" be prophecies of future events. Just because things happen invisible doesn't mean they didn't happen.
    The Society only uses certain scriptures because those are the only ones they have had time to study. The meaning of the rest will be published when donations increase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit