does it back-fire?

by DannyBloem 2 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I went a week ago to the convention, and had a talk with a intereseted one.
    he had some questions about dino's, vegetarism etc. The usual things. Also about the resolution.

I told him, I did not agree with the resolution, and that it was no allowed very much to think differently. etc. Probably he though of me as a very relaxed JW.

Does this help him to see the truth about the truth, or does it backfire and does he think that dubs can be relaxed, and not as strict as some think.

Would I not have more sucess if I would be terrible not understanding of him, and would have made things very clear how wrong he was and that if he would like to become a jw, how much he would need to change etc. To play the strikt jw, that would have maybe helped him more....

what you think?

• freetosee
    freetosee

No doubt he will encounter strict jws and you told him that thinking differently is not allowed. It’s good you told him that. There is no need to play strict, we could tell them that if we were elders we would have to say… or going strictly by the society you must...so-and-so. fts

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

In my limited experience nothing will help a dub to see the truth unless they are ready to see it (even if they dont know they are ready)

I dont think his percieved ideas about whether you are strict or relaxed will help or hurt him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit