"Bible Teach" book's discouragement of investigating other religions

by M.J. 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Your time would be better spent if you studied real money. After you knew what real money looked like, you could recognize a counterfeit.

The flaw to me in this is yes, "real" money should be identified. But that is a process; the WT wants this process shorted out when it comes to theology. They say in effect: THIS is real money, don't look at anything else.

But meantime they have puked up another shitty analogy, doncha think?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Your time would be better spent if you studied real money. After you knew what real money looked like, you could recognize a counterfeit.

The flaw to me in this is yes, "real" money should be identified. But that is a process; the WT wants this process shorted out when it comes to theology. They say in effect: THIS is real money, don't look at anything else.

But meantime they have puked up another shitty analogy, doncha think?

• M.J.
    M.J.

They're essentially saying that they've already shown you the "real money" (this is one of the final chapters of the book). Now that you've seen it, why look at "counterfeits"? Note that they never did come out and say that the Bible ITSELF was the real thing that one should study. What one should study is "what the Bible really teaches", which perhaps not coincidentally, is the title of this Watchtower book!

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

This is just so lame and sad. When I was a Dub I read anti-witness material from other religions, fuguring if we had The Truth it could stand up to close scrutiny. I was verbally assaulted for the practice.

MM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit