W.T.F (I am confuzzled) GAY MARRIAGE hummmm....

by tall_model03 3 Replies latest jw friends

• tall_model03
    tall_model03

Hello all,

Well to first get it out in the open, I am a lesbian who was "born" into the "truth". I had to lead a double life like most have in the religion. However what troubles me is that even though I told my mother, actually she is my grandmonther, when I was 14 that I was a lesbian she wanted to believe that it was just a phase. Well let me tell ya, it's not a phase!

I was torn between being true to myself and pleasing my family. I opted to not live a lie any longer. There are soooooooooo many others that were in my same position. But I don't know what to say to them. I have met a handful to say the least at gay establishments and thought to myself WWJD? LOL!!! Seriously, I don't know what to say to them. On one hand I want to say be true to yourself and others. On the other hand I know what we were taught. I had to do a lot of "soul searching" before I was even happy with my decision to leave. I think that is what I will tell them from now on to just find yourself before you miss out on a great portion of your life!

I know I might get beat up for saying all I have said here, but would really like to know what Active JW's have to say about this subject.

Another thing, how do some of you truly feel about gay marriage. Should it be legal? I had this conversation with my mother as well and I told her how can she say in the same breathe that she loves all of her children the same and not want me to marry another woman. So my siblings should enjoy married life and I shouldn't? Y? And here we go again, this argument can go around and around.

I think I have rambled on enough. I hope to hear from you all soon!

CHEERS!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

hi tall model!

welcome to the board

there is a website for gay/lesbian ex jw's i think its called "a common bond" maybe you can google it. they offer support for the very issues your going thru! i'm sure you'd get some input. you'll get some input here too !

there are gay/lesbian members here and i'm sure they'll welcome you too when they get online!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hello and welcome!

First of all most people here are no longer active JWs however there certainly are some on this board who are.

Your timing is impeccable - check out this thread (click on it)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/15/118148/1.ashx

It started out as a tongue in cheek thread called 'why gays shouldn't marry'. I think you would enjoy the initial post in it and the discussion that started up around it too.

Best wishes to you though - I hope you can get your family to understand your viewpoint which in my opinion is very valid.

• tall_model03
    tall_model03

Hey there,

I am an active member of the ex-JW's site. I just wanted some input from active JW's since my mother is still practicing. I do value all of your comments however.

Thanks!!!

By the way, if anyone has myspace feel free to check out my page. My e-mail address is [email protected] or my name on there is LezModel.

CHEERS!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit