Shunning

by choosing life 15 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Maybe the daughter doesn't want to be responsible for anything happening to mom. Like her leaving the org or being destroyed at the big A.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Makes perfect sense to me in a psychotic way.

Yep, me too. Daughter wants to get back "right with Jehovah" and mom isn't helping her toward that goal. Man, this cult so twists an otherwise humane individual. When I explain this sort of stuff to people that never knew JW's, they just don't believe it. They can't.

My heart goes out to you, Mama! :-(

Dave

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It's wild, but unfortunately I understand it. Over everything I find that the most disturbing, personally. As Dave rightly says, outsiders can't comprehend it. Rightly so - I hope they never do!

• carla
    carla

When I explain this sort of stuff to people that never knew JW's, they just don't believe it. They can't.--Ain't that the truth!

Scary, it made sense to me! haha

Waiting for the men in white coats to come,

carla

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

carla that makes sense too cuz even tho she doesn't admit to it..i know my my mom's sisters and their husbands (elders) tell her to limit her contact with me and warn her about talking to me "too much" ...and I don't want her to get into "trouble" on my account so I tell her about she's not supposed to be talking to me at those times too..but SHE always gives me the "we're discussing business" line.

So I'm guessing that may be what choosing life's daughter might be feeling....Even tho I dislike the religion almost to the point of hate, I still wouldn't want my mom to be punished in any way for talking to me...All I ever saw her do was cry every night when she was df'd once..

• moshe
    moshe

Makes sense to me- If Mom refuses to shun daughter, talks to her and is seen by others in the KH- then the mother could likely wind up getting Df'd. Perhaps the daughter is just trying to protect her mother from getting into trouble with the elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit