My uncle beat up the elders

by writerpen 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• writerpen
    writerpen

This happened in Oakland, WV. Anyone ever hear about this? My uncle was as crazy as a loon, and evidently when the elders came knocking, he decided to beat them up. Just curious if anyone ever heard the story. This would have been 20 years ago.

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

please tell

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sounds like a take on the song, "I shot the Sheriff."

"I shot the Elder, but I did not shoot the Minsterial Servant." What kinda wacko beats up janitors?

Talk about a "Do not call"

W.Once

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

"My uncle was as crazy as a loon, and evidently when the elders came knocking, he decided to beat them up."

I would def. buy a book with that title on it.

alt

• writerpen
    writerpen

I was just a kid, but evidently the elders came calling for an unannounced shepherding visit. My father's side of the family suffered from paranoid schizophrenia, so it must have kicked in that day and he laid them out right there in his yard. Needless to say, he was disfellowshipped promptly. I've only heard this from family tales, so I'm not too sure of the details. Of course, my mind can see their book bags flying through the air with mags falling out along the way. I've always wondered if they turned the other cheek.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Of course, my mind can see their book bags flying through the air with mags falling out along the way

I in no way endorse violence... but thats plum near the funniest thing I ever heard.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

LOL!

this is hysterical....

seriously though, I'm with IPSEC - I'm not cool with violence but this dude was out of his mind so I find this story amusing.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh sure, disfellowship the poor old guy just because hes a violent psychotic!

(that is kinda funny tho)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've long held the opinion that most elders would benefit greatly from a sound asskicking. If it happened more often they might think twice before getting too pushy with people.

W

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Some believe in what thier doing,some are bullies..I hope they were bullies`s ..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit