The plain facts about ANY religion

by sinis 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

Lately, I have even been questioning my beliefs in Christ. Lets face it the ransom just does not make sense. Regardless of this, religion is soley a chronological and geographical entity. Had I have been born in babylon before christ (christianity) I would have beleived something completely different than being born in the west in the 20th century and yet all religions are different but only christianity is correct?!?!? I really do not understand religion. Ultimately what disturbs me is that within my limited life span I will probably not be able to accomplish all that I want. Yet life without the poison known as religion is far better.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    religion is soley a chronological and geographical entity

I used to think that too, but when I realized that the real followers of Jesus were at the wrong place and the wrong time to believe Jesus was the Messiah, it negated that hypothesis.

Now there are still authentic followers of Jesus all around the world at the wrong place and the wrong time being beaten, imprisoned, and killed for their beliefs. BasicFellowship.com : Prisoner List

After the devastation of life in the WT, I do understand how you feel.

Edited to add; I now feel there is a distinct difference from religion, and someone who has made a choice to follow the life of Jesus. There is as much difference today in this concept, as there was 2000 years ago. It was the religious people of Jesus time that hated him and everything he said and stood for. James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction.........

• Warlock
    Warlock

Sinis,

With all due respect, my question is just that, a question: If you really do not understand religion and feel life is better without that poison, then what is disturbing you? Why pursue it? Just live your life without religion.

Warlock

• sinis
    sinis

I understand what you are saying, yet IF jesus was the son of god and healed all those people why are there no historical records? How do we not know that it was some fundi group (like we see today -> WTS) that wanted something better and eventually it took off into christianity and wrote a Ron L Hubbard classic (dianetics -> bible)?. I guess what it comes down to, is perhaps as humans we desire to believe in the positive and be optimistic yet religion and the amount of historical records paint a pessimistic future. Why has no one seen from or heard from this supposed god for over 2000 years?! If I cared about my creation I think I would spend a little more time with them...

• sinis
    sinis

Sinis,

With all due respect, my question is just that, a question: If you really do not understand religion and feel life is better without that poison, then what is disturbing you? Why pursue it? Just live your life without religion.

Warlock

No probs. What disturbs me is the relentless promises of a better life, when there may not be one outside of the human life span. I guess I'm really torn. Religion teaches you that a better life awaits, what if it doesn't? I believe in a creator but if this life is it what a travesty that is. I live 80 years if I'm lucky and thats it. Bottom line is when someone, such as myself, is truely trying to find some answers in life, a thousand more questions arise.

• freebird2000
    freebird2000

I totally understand your questioning.I believe that part of that is the W.T. burnout.I had it,my sons do still.The bottom line is faith I think.Maybe religion is a state of heart?We don't know what is ahead but we would't know that anywayKeep searching.

Freebird.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Why has no one seen from or heard from this supposed god for over 2000 years?!

People have. It is a personal choice to believe them or not.

• sinis
    sinis
    People have. It is a personal choice to believe them or not.

That still doesn't set right with me. I mean how can 1 out of 6 billion people say god talked to him? Does that mean god doesn't care about the 5,999,999,999 remaining? I just don't understand the religious cloak and dagger effect. You would think god would make it clear beyond a doubt what his intentions are for man. Yet, on the flip side these intentions AKA religion has caused more problems than anything else in human history.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Bottom line is when someone, such as myself, is truly trying to find some answers in life, a thousand more questions arise.

Dear Sinis,

There is a very simple way out of this quandary. Simple, yet it can change the way you live life.

Sit and bring up the religious beliefs you have collected throughout your life. Clearly see that they are all just thoughts. See that thoughts, are not reality. They can be useful tools, but they do not contain the actual genuineness of life; i.e. thoughts about a tree, are not a tree; thoughts about a friend, are not your friend, thoughts about eating a peach, is not eating a peach. Do you see?

What you are seeking for is substantial truth and reality, which is inherently absent in thoughts. Thoughts, which religion is. Thoughts, which all beliefs are. You need to see this clearly for yourself. Once you clearly determine the difference between thoughts, and real life, then it becomes easy to shift attention more into this present moment of existence void of mental thought and commentary. Not in thoughts and beliefs, but rather here, now, in this moment of life and being -- will be found what you seek.

j

• sspo
    sspo

After 31 years in the WT and realizing that it is just another religion with its own twist on the bible, i feel at times very aggravated at the creator for just not making it easier for humans to know what is acceptable to him. Who are we to say now that the bible is right and not the other holy books?

Or is it as simple as accept Jesus and live a good life?

I wish i knew

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit