Discussion with friend

by sinis 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sinis
    sinis

So, my friend from texas was visiting this past week. He still goes to the KH and is a MS. So he wanted to know why I have not gone to meetings. I tell him that I am upset about the NGO thing (explained in detail). He wanted to know if I was looking at apostate websites. I then turned to him and asked him is there apostacy in TRUTH? Was not Jesus an apostate to the Pharisees and Saducees? He would not answer me. He just said he would have to do research on the NGO matter.

I then asked him if the catholic church is or was ever approved by god. He said no. I then asked him then why do you accept the bible? After all the bible was compiled by men of the church with an agenda. Same answer - will have to do research.

Finally, he just said the "Truth" is getting brighter and brighter, and that there are imperfect men in the org and eventually god will take care of it. I tried to explain the many beliefs of Charles Russell (1914, etc.), hostile take over by Rutherford, etc. and he just listened. He's a very smart guy but I can't for the life of me understand why he believes this crap. He asked me what I currently believe, and I told him religion is based on time and geography... I believe in god or a creator but will live my life the way I want to, since god has not seen fit to clearly instruct me in the path he wants me to take.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    and that there are imperfect men in the org and eventually god will take care of it.

But until then, follow those imperfect men right off the edge of a cliff. I don't think so!

• lowden
    lowden

Sinis

Your reasonings are clear and lucid and truthful. Your friend is an automaton, a marionette in the control of the org' as many of us used to be.

" I'll have to do some research " is simply a flaccid excuse to divert the subject...and also probably a lie because the WTS is to be believed above ALL other deities. It's sad, but as i said, we were there once.

Maybe your friend will listen in future.

Peace

Lowden

• hubert
    hubert

Hopefully, you planted a seed.

Hubert

• sinis
    sinis

Well, we had a BBQ at my bro-in-laws, who used to be a DUB until I helped him see the "light". So my friend was asking him why he does not go back to meetings and my bro-in-law says that he does not see or feel the love that the preach. All he saw was festering and rot while in the kingdumb halls. My friend said that men are imperfect and the jehovah will take care of it in time. My B-I-L said that was a weak excuse to condone actions and that if these were men of god, should not god see fit to reveal it immediatly? Why would god allow others to become stumbled and leave while a sinner goes about his business? My friend would not answer him but I'm hoping it woke him up.

I mentioned in conversation that Bethel was dumping all of its workers and he said he heard about it and praise jehovah since they will be going to where the need is great. I told him it was very loving to "employ" a toilet cleaner all his life and then kick him out in old age and expect him to care for his needs by getting a job - oh, I forgot that they have no marketable skills. He agreed with me on that and said he would never want to go to bethel as it does not prepare you for the future.

• unique1
    unique1

You made some excellent points. You made him think if nothing else. I wish I could be as poised with my family and friends.

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

there is a documentary called THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES which explains that governments attempt to control the masses by either promising them ideal fantasy worlds, which most don't fall for any more...or by scarring them into submission by use of nightmarish scenarios like world wide terror which could strike anyone anywhere at anytime.

the leaders use this power to deny to the masses what they retain for themselves...the freedom to do as they desire.

honest people are aware of their ignorance and their inability to decide what is best for them and their community which leaves them anxious, stressed and not a bit fearful... CONfident MEN appeal to them because they SEEM to know what they are doing and where they are headed... they allow the shepherds to lead them right into the slaughter.

• Warlock
    Warlock

"Jehovah will take care of it in his own due time" is just an excuse by people who have no answer for your question(s).

That answer is just an excuse for the Org. not taking any action to solve the problem(s). We can just use that as an excuse for everything, if we want.

Ask your friend(s): "If we know what the problem is, and have the solution to solve it, then why do we have to wait on Jehovah?"

Warlock

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Sounds like you handled yourself very well.
    Those kinds of conversations are not easy.

I used to fall back on the "imperfect men" argument when I was a dub,
    and it's very simple to refute.

The view they rely on - "well it's run by imperfect men until god steps in"

The view I share with dubs i love - "Don't you think every religion could say the samething. Take the catholic religion for example. Run by imperfect men. I guess that makes all their beliefs and activities okay until god steps in?"

The popes decrees are infallible too, no? Much like the governing body? Just do as we say, don't think about it, we'll do the thinking for you. We are inspired of god."

They don't like that comparison.

(Not sure the catholics would either. lol.)

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I'm sorry for the bother but what is "NGO"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit