Question about jw burials

by damselfly 11 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

I have a friend whose mom was df'd when he was still a baby. His dad was a witness as well but sadly died when my friend was just a infant. His question to me on the weekend was why can't non jws (or df'd)
    get buried next to jws? I told him that I didn't think it mattered who got buried next to who (I mean dead is dead right?)

Apparently after his dad died his mom was df'd and she was told that as a result she would no longer be allowed to be buried next to her husband when she died. He said the witnesses got so nasty about it that his mom ended up getting his dad exhumed (oh gosh sp?) and re-buried in a different cemetry to insure that her wishes of (eventually) being buried beside him would be followed thru on. (Ha ha Go Mom!!)

I told him that I thought this wasn't normally done but now I'm questioning it, is it normal for jw's to not allow df'd persons to be buried next to thier jw relatives?

Dams

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Jehovah's Witnesses do not operate cemeteries, nor were they paying for the plot, so what real control would they have on this?

Also, since death pays the price for sin (according to JWs), aren't all corpses on equal standing before God?

I think this is a case of some idiot obsessive JW sticking their nose in where it did not belong. What a pity that your mother received such treatment!

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<I think this is a case of some idiot obsessive JW sticking their nose in where it did not belong>>

That's what I thought. Not my mom's experience's, this was my friend's mom that this happened to.

Dams

• hubert
    hubert

I can see it now.........

J.W. cemetery....

Section "A".....Members in good standing only.

Section "B"..... D'Ad members.

Section "C"..... D'Fd members.

Section "D"..... Unbaptized ministers.

Section "E" All others.

Apostates..... Use other cemeteries.

Hubert

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

To tell you the truth although I haven't personally heard of this..I do see the 'witness reasoning' behind it. Here it goes: A disfellowshipped person is DEAD in God's eye and will not gain eternal life therefore after armegeddon and during the resurection it would be of no use at all to see the df'ed ones grave right next to yours and know they won't be in paradise with you. Or something like that...Sorry, but it's giving me a headache trying to think like them...So, I am going to stop!!

• undercover
    undercover

That's a new one to me...never heard of that happening.

I agree that someone was overstepping the bounds of their authority and imposing thier own rules instead of those of the WTS which in this case there are none.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Not sure where that came from but someone is just plain wrong. There is no such "policy" or restriction.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

I want to my dead body to be entombed as Pharaoh Russell's was in a pyrimid. HAHA

uwuf

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I think some JW's have a very unnatural n onchalant view when it comes to the loss of a loved one, its almost like they look around to others in the hall and “Better not grieve for too long Might show little faith in the resurrection” meanwhile to non-JW’s family members it appears to be very cold, almost like they really don’t care about the loss of that loved one. This seems to be pretty typical in my family. I wouln't doubt that in some crazy hall's they "suggest" where to burry the DF persons!

• mama1119
    mama1119

Is it true that witnessses that commit suicide cannot have a memorial at the Kingdom Hall??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit