Lunch with Confession and Aude Sapere in LA

by LDH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know I met apostates # 2 & 3 in LA last week for lunch.

(#1 was Zanex here in Fresno four years ago). I haven't met a whole lot of us, as you can see.

Confession, Aude Sapere and I had lunch on Wednesday at South Coast Plaza (Rain Forest Cafe) and we had a great time. Aude looks to be healing well from her little motorcycle lay-down. Considering I'm like a foot taller than her and she was in a leg brace, I had to 'slow my roll' walking through the mall.

We had a GREAT TIME ( I think ?!?!?) and they'll tell you I don't bite. Hard anyway.

Lisa

All's Well Class

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sounds like you had a good time. btw, I get 'lost' at the South Coast Plaza.... (don't ask me why, brain burp I guess)

• juni
    juni

Hi Lisa!!

Happy to hear everything is going good for you. And you still have some play time too.

Hugs,

Juni

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    We had a GREAT TIME ( I think ?!?!?)

• Confession
    Confession

I'm pretty sure Lisa does bite, but she did an impressive job of holding back Wednesday.

Great meeting you and seeing Aude Sapere again.

Best Wishes,

Confession

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Considering I'm like a foot taller than her and she was in a leg brace, I had to 'slow my roll' walking through the mall. We had a GREAT TIME ( I think ?!?!?)

It's true! I know it was hard to slow down especially when you had such an action-packed day...! I felt bad slowing down the group but appreciated the considerations.

Thanks SO MUCH for making time for us. I had a WONDERFUL afternoon and truly enjoyed meeting you. Great stories and fantastic encouragement to grow and move on with life.

Confession always has some good stories of times past and present. Kind of 'that was me then' and 'this is me now'. He's exploring some areas that I've shied away from - so it's interesting to me to hear what he's learned and how he's putting things together.

Funny thing, Lisa pegged us for Apostates right away. LOL Out of the whole huge mall she found the two apostates who, in my opinion, looked like pretty normal people. Must have been the horns and t-shirts with big red letters: EX-JW. (j/k) But she DID walk straight to us and declared us Apostates in front of everyone...!!

I can only speak for myself - but it was well worth the trip and I LOVED meeting you. Enjoyed meeting Confession, too - but we've met a few times before. Lunch was fun especially since I've never been to a Rainforest Cafe. The food was delicious. The conversation interesting. The company engaging.

btw, I get 'lost' at the South Coast Plaza....

OMG! That place is HUGE...!! I didn't realize that there were two (or more) separate buildings but saw the sign and went to underground parking then into the mall, found a bookstore and did some work for a little while. Called Confession and told him I was there. The lost cell signal or something. When we finally connected, it still took maybe 20 minutes (??) until we could meet. Then turns out that I was in the smaller part of the mall - like an annex. If I had known how big that place actually was, and how confusing it could be, I could have saved us some time. And there are TWO carousels.

South Coast Plaza is an adventure in itself...!!

Fun Day. Thank you, Lisa and Confession. I enjoyed every minute of it. (Could have stayed longer in the Puzzle store, though...)

-Denise.

• mandivided
    mandivided

Wow, we're all neighbors! I'm in the Costa Mesa/Newport area

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Wow, we're all neighbors! I'm in the Costa Mesa/Newport area

Well... Not quite. LDH was in town on business from Central Calif. I'm in Ventura County and Confession is moving out of state next month. Too bad you didn't know ahead of time... There was a thread under 'Apostafests' about 2 weeks ago that got us organized to meet in Costa Mesa. 'Sandy's' got something planned for next weekend in Walnut, if you don't mind a little drive. Usually a nice little group for dinner. Join us, if you can. -Aude.

• LDH
    LDH
    Could have stayed longer in the Puzzle store, though

Denise, my little guy has played the pirate popper game about 100 times. I love to play games with him, I think it really stimulates the brain.

It was so funny to hear you say I'm much taller in real life! I never think about that anymore, almost. It's only when I meet another REALLY TALL woman (like 6 feet) I look at her and think DAMN!!! she's tall. Then I realize we're shoulder to shoulder.

ManDivided, I'm in town about once a month, sometimes my schedule allows me play time.

You all should really beg Aude to tell the story of the 10-key calculator. It made me laugh all night. And I wish you could hear Confession's voice. Very masculine!

Lisa

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    You all should really beg Aude to tell the story of the 10-key calculator.

Ah, yes. That thing helped me get on a path that eventually changed my life.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit