SUREFIRE way of shutting up that evangelical that is driving you nuts

by Mistah MOJO 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

My only extensive experience of organized religion was the Jehovah's Witnesses. My imprisonment in that sect was mercifully brief. However, my experience with the "borned agin" crowd is very extensive. I have family who are "borned aginers" as well as neighbors and co-workers. Thery sure do love to yak yak yak and jabber jabber jabber about "JEEE zus" but they don't really obey Jesus. They "obey Jesus" on the superficial easy matters, but thats it. If you too are sick and tired of their cheap grace and easy believism, this is for you.

$ Free Money $

The Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, omnipotent ruler of the universe,
    commands demands and orders his followers in Matthew 5:42 to:

• Give to him that asketh thee , and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away. (Mt. 5:42, King James Version)

• Give to him who keeps on begging from you , and do not turn away from him who would borrow from you . (Mt 5:42, Amplified Bible)

• Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from him who wants to borrow from you . (Mt. 5:42, New American Standard Bible)

Let's see now... your Christian friends teach others to obey Jesus regardless of the cost, but when it costs them a few bucks, will they obey, or will they weasel out with their hair-splitting mind-numbing quibbles? Test and find out! And if they bug out, remember to keep this as your final parting shot of the conversation:
    Since YOU won't obey Jesus, why the hell should I ?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

wonder if bill gates is a christian.... HUMMMMMMMM

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Bill Gates gives more than anyone else I know. His foundation gives out billions of dollars annually to help the needy. In that sense I suppose you could say he was.

Sherry

• Forscher
    Forscher

No problem!
    I still tell them there is no trinity (can work for both atheists and those who haven't embraced conventional religion). Watch the fingers get crossed! Its better than garlic on vampire.
    Forscher

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

Dt 15:7-8 : If there is any poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be open handed and freely lend him whatever he needs.

Perhaps Jesus is talking about poor people and not about giving to any person that asks with reason only to test your faith...

Just a thought, although I understand where your coming from and it is rather sad how some christian's buckle when money is concerned..

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hello Renando. I actually looked up the verse in my Gideon Bible. I read the surrounding context and there's nothing in the context about poor people. I would be very comfortable with evaneglicals just coming right out and saying "Look, we don't believe in actually obeying Jesus. It's too hard and costs too much. We just believe in believing in Jesus." Then I'd shrug my shoulders and feel good about the honesty.

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

Yes your quite right of course Mistah MOJO there is nothing in the context that would suggest he is talking of poor people..

In my view the context of the passage seems to be that of resistance or conflict as v38 is talking about 'eye for eye' sortof revenge.. v40 being sued by someone.. v41 forcing you to walk a mile.. v42 give to those who ask you... it seems almost to be talking about being in submission in the face of danger..

So I guess in that context the one asking for money from you would have to have a weapon or be demanding it with a threat not just quoting a scripture and expecting you to hand over your wallet..

That's my opinion however, I'd give you my wallet if you asked for it anyway, but just for fun.. it's empty :)

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

Hello Renand_Stimpy: "That's my opinion however, I'd give you my wallet if you asked for it anyway, but just for fun.. it's empty. :) "

I mean no disrepsect to you personally, but I have found religion to be as empty as your wallet. After leaving the Witnesses--a two year involvement that was mainly an intellectual dabble--my interest in religion was piqued. Also, my bride-to-be has a little sister that has been left quite addled and deformed in her psyche by having been raised a Jehovahs Witness. So, I've been studying world religions. Buddhism offers some common sense observations about life, even if they are a bit on the trite side. Other than that, religion is either lunacy or a wasteland, take your pick. Also, I would never want to be a glad-handed evangelical, all flash and no substance. I know too many of these people all too well. They're the same people they always were, just a different veneer. Scratch that veneer and you'll find the same predatory ape we all are. MM

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think the apostles had much to give monitarily anyway . The first christian church as seen in Acts of apostles had everybody sell all their possesions and used that to survive during their ministry to buy supplies . You are right tho these so called christian charities even make sure that some people get pretty wealthy before spreading it around to starving people . I mean let's face it , if people like Pat Robertson really wanted to end starvation somewhere I think he has the money to do it , instead he will continue to show pictures of people starving just to get you to send money .

• renando_stimpy
    renando_stimpy

Thank You, I wouldn't have taken it personally anyway, you learn to brush things off after a while walking this line..

I'm sorry to hear about your personal situation, I sortof know what you must be going through, I lived on a cult's premise once upon a time, I worked close by and the rent was $10 a week :), I think they wanted to train me, but I wasn't having a bar of it.. I saw what went on there, how once intelligent, free thinking, happy people were turned into mindless recitation Blobs. I can't imagine how how hard that must be to un-program from ones head.. It seems to be a pretty accurate reflection on the WTS from what I've heard and seen.. Hope you and your bride-to-be's sister can break free from it..

Hope your studies pay off for you...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit