Drama Presented at the District Convention.

by Broken Hearted 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Broken Hearted
    Broken Hearted

I want to first thank who every posted the link to the 3 days of district convention. I know to some of you that you are saying why would you want to listen.

Well last weekend there was a convention in Amherst Massachussettes. That is the one my online JW friend attended. So while he was attending it I would listen to the link from Texas just so I would have an idea of what he was hearing. He was completely surprised when I was able to have a conversation about the convention with him.

While listening to the drama, I had a thought about his and my situation. I know the drama was suppose to be brought out as people like me (NON-JW) leading JW's astray, however, while i was listening I had a thought of the Golden Calf being that liken to the Watch Tower Society. I get this thought from what I have read here on the board and others, plus some outside research. I also get this thought from the 2nd question you have to study for Baptism

2) Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

It just seems to me that the organizaiton is being worshiped here and not God, hence my analogy of the Golden Calf being the WTS ( or the organization) I also am finding that while I am not trying to change my friends thoughts on his religion, and I am accepting him for who he is, that he feels the urgency for me to meet with the local Kingdom hall here, ( i know the reason for this) therefore, i ask him how am I suppose to know that JWs is the true religion and not the leading astray relgion of false prophets etc..? We really got into a discussion about this, and I finally told him I would meet with the kingdom hall ( at a netrual place not my apartment) to ask the long list of questions I was composing.

Another thought from the convention:

On one of the days in the Katy, Texas convention, there was a symposium about a shepherding call from an elder to a 20 year old gentleman who was slacking in his door to door. The Elder told the guy to think about being invited over to a friends house for a full course elegant meal, and that he only ate the appetizers and saying he did not want th full meal, Then he asks the gentleman if he got the full, benefits by not eating the full course meal. He then compares that to the going door to door, saying that while he is doing talks and helping out at the kingdom hall every chance he gets, he is only getting the appetizer, but he is not getting the main course which is the door to door service. I am not sure about anyone else, but I feel that worshiping GOD , studying the bible and likening myself to be a better person is the full course meal, the door to door would be just be a side dish or dessert. When I mentioned this to the JW friend of mine, he then used the analogy of me being a teacher and that is what going door to door was people teaching others and that we were the main course, but I disputed that thought. I told him I am not nor should i be the main course in a child's life ( except maybe me own children I birthed), and that in my life, it is as follows, 1st. (main course) GOD 2. my family and friends, 3. Then my job . With Children then it should be 1. GOD 2.their parents, friends and family then Me as thier teacher ( or thier religion), I am just a side dish, or dessert not a main course. we unfortunately did not get to finish discussing this one because he was driving and drove out of cell area, and when he called back just never picked back up on that conversation.

• avengers
    avengers

Dear BH.

Thank you for your excellent post.
    I see you are meeting with the elders.
    I myself will never meet with a "judicial committee" because I feel they have no authority
    over me. I am not DF'd nor did I DA myself.
    If they decide to DF me this would cause my family and certain JWs to shun me even more.
    Think about this when you meet with them.

Good luck.

Andy

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Broken, your post reminded me of one of the things that had irritated me the most about the meetings and assemblies. They always trumpeted how much we should appreciate the 'spiritual banquet' we were being given. Over and over again they would constantly repeat things like "do we appreciate the provisions of the faithful and discreet slave". Well, being told to appreciate what amounts to heaping portions of cold grits (no butter) and lukewarm water is not 'spiritual food'.
    Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit